Gas Rationing??????????

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I can remember my first hubby selling it for 29cents a gallon when he owned a gas station in the late 60s early 70s, and he made a living doing it, but I won't even go there
Wow...29 cents a gallon...thats about how much it went up here today!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to a gas station today that had the cheapest prices (2.79 for low and 2.99 for super) they were out of all the gas but super!!! I got it anyway b/c it was still pretty cheap compared to the other stations. My husband and I were betting what it will top out at.. I think 3.50, he thinks 4.00.. Watching the news I'm afraid I'm wrong.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

$1 a gallon...*sigh* I miss that!
$1.00 a gallon
? I remember when I was a kid (early-mid 60's) that sometimes when there were gas wars gas could be had for $0.05 a gallon!!!! Heck, before the oil embargo in the 70's it was under $0.50!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone told me that California is rationing their fuel right now is that right? Holy cow, if it is, what's next!? this is crazy! I paid $24.00 last night at $2.58 a gallon to fill up my Tracer from a quarter of a tank TO full. I've NEVER put more then $20.00 in it to FILL it up from empty!!!!!
Today I went by the gas station I filled up at last night and now they are selling the gas I got at $2.79 a gallon and it's expected to go higher! I told my boss that if this keeps up, I'm buying a bicycle and I don't care what they think, otherwise I want a cost of living increase in pay! She agreed with me! She drives 45 miles each way to work, so it is hitting her REALLY hard since she drives bigger cars(station wagons and minivans). Me, I only drive about a 1/2 a mile to work thankfully!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if this will affect the WAY we do business - more work from home? Video conferencing? The City where I work has already said that workers in City vehicles can no longer come back to the shops for their breaks - they break where they are (and risk having citizens, or news crews think they are "lazy")

Interesting. I wouldn't mind working from home with a cat on my lap.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wednesday morning gas here was 2.69 a gallon that afternoon I went by a store and gas was 2.99
So I went to get some and regular is out and mid and premium is the only one available. I went ahead and got it cause I was riding close to E and not happy like that.

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
today gas prices went up 3 times! i was out last night and around 12 they jacked it to 2.69 thankfully i had filled up right before they had changed it so I lucked out with a full tank of 2.59 gas so today i go to natalie its up to 2.79 and when I come home 8 hours later its up to 2.99!! Mom and dad are getting mad because we're going to visit family in florida in 2 weeks.. They figured tonight if it goes to 3.09 like theyre saying around here and stays like that theyre going to spend $1200 just in gas in the van :-o Im going to have to find a job when I get back just so i can see my friends! I met a really hot guy, who go figures, lives about 45 mins away... and I told my friend amber i'd go see her Saturday and shes about an hour away... So everytime the price goes up i cringe some more...

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Yes but what Rockcat is talking about is the possiblity of there be a shortage of gas. I think her post was more in relation to that than how it would affect gas prices, though obviously they would go up drastically if gas did have to be rationed.
Yeah but there are alot of posts about the price of gas. That's what I was referring to.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on my way to work this morning and they jacked it up here to $3.01! Last night it was $2.79...since Monday it has gone up 47 cents! How much higher is it going to get before it finally comes back down again?!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was supposed to have a Dr's appt this morning (they just called to reschedule, apparently my gyn has broken her foot!
great, and I think I've got a UTI and have to wait another week.) and I'd gotten my motorcycle out and filled the tank with the rest of the gas that was in the "lawnmower" can to use THAT to go to my appt. That gas was bought a week ago at $2.49 a gallon I think. The truck is full and has a locking gas cap. I think I'm going to take my bike out anyway and get a cap for the Cutlass, although it would probably be more efficient to tell DH to stop by the auto-parts place on the way home on HIS bike to pick one up. I haven't been out in several days, there's no telling what it's up to now.

Guess I'll go put my bike back up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some central FL schools do not have enough gas to provide bus transportation for field trips. They are now talking about the possibility of no bus transportation to school in the near future if the shortage persists!!!

A friend of mine tried to fill up his work truck yesterday and was cut off at $45.00.

Regular was $2.99 on my way to work (not near the highways - gas there is more expensive).

On a lighter note, Sunoco and some other convenience stores are having a promotion on 18 packs of Budwieser until Sept 11. Bottom line $4.49 for an 18 pack with the coupons on the box! Now if I can only get my car to like beer!