Gas Prices

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

It is $1.054 / L today which is slightly lower than it has been
I saw a woman a the pumps put $5 dollars into a brand new mustang

I mean come on people..these prices add up to an extra couple of bucks on fill up..its not THAT bad

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I mean come on people..these prices add up to an extra couple of bucks on fill up..its not THAT bad
Same here, a guy filling up a F350 with $7, yeah it might get you to the next gas station
and diesel prices haven't gone up as much as regular!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
$3.25 here and DH drives 40 minutes to work and back every day, so it is hurting us. Thankfully, I only drive to school and to the store so I fill up about once a month.

I mean, we're not dying here, but we have cut back a lot on other stuff so we can better afford the gas.

I don't understand it in the least!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Actually, if you convert both litres->US Gallons, and $CDN->$US, 1.30/litre works out to $4.46/gallon -- but that still sucks! And that's what it is around here too. YUK!
I live in Canada, why would I want to convert my currency to USD to calculate the price of gasoline here? My dollar is worth a dollar here, and for gas here it's $5.20 per gallon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

LOL, I remember when $5.00 gave a 1/2 tank of gas!!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby drives a Chevy S-10 to and from work.It's a hour drive(one way) to and from work.So, these prices are killing us too.
And then when Seth was in the Hospital, it was HORRIBLE for him to come see us 2 times a day........plus work and check on the other 3 kids

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I live in Canada, why would I want to convert my currency to USD to calculate the price of gasoline here? My dollar is worth a dollar here, and for gas here it's $5.20 per gallon.
Because those who are talking about gallons, are talking about US gallons being sold in the US for $US. So if we want to compare what we Canadians (and I am one too) pay, with what our US friends pay, the conversion is necessary if it is to be accurate.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Why is it so much??
Gas prices are artificial and not based on normal supply/demand law. Some execs and exporters DECIDED it would be that high.

$3.79 here. I wish I could get Ian to just leave the car and take the El.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gas prices are artificial and not based on normal supply/demand law
Actually part of the gas prices being so high (I forgot I got these emails) are due to a lot of things happening in Nigeria.

This is one example:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18564428/

In addition because of the U.S. economy outsourcing their industries (i.e. technical support, customer support, etc) more people have jobs that they have to drive to. So this rise in cost is partly due to higher need of oil.

I won't argue though that some execs decided that they needed an extra bonus this year though

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And one reads articles about record oil company profits-hmmmm........
Gas was between 3.25-3.29/gallon. I put $40 in the truck Tuesday morning and its almost gone-eek!! I think I'm going to have to consider adding a fuel surcharge for my clients. I've been combining more trips than last year. I have to some landscaping for one of my neighbor's I think I will use the small trailer and the 4 wheeler instead of the truck!