garlic bad? in cat food

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The two vets that I have dealt with do not seem to be up on the newer premium cat foods at all. They both are brain washed into believing that Science Diet which they sell is the best for your animal. I just had a long talk with my vet with 10 years experience about by-products and BHT, and BHA in pet food and the dangers of it all. He had NO clue what I was talking about.
He was alittle concerned after I provided some paper work for him to read
This is why I like this vet...if he don't know something he won't pretend that he does. He is honest. The bottom line is I really don't think alot of vets are really up on the modern day nutrition. This is my own personal opinion. I trust my own research when it comes to what is good for my 3 furkids and what isn't!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cind11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Slave2_Ragdolls, I know what you mean. My vet recommends Science Diet and IAMS. He doesn't sell either one. He isn't big on the retail end of things because he has a small practice. I don't think he had a clue when I was telling him about by-products and about corn in th cat food not being good. You're right, we need to do our own research on some of this stuff.