Garlic back on Innova red can cat food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batrice

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had cats for over 50 years. And i research everything to the tee. I must admit garlic is still a questionable issue. I continue to research it. I only give my cats the best and only Steam distilled water.I will continue to investigate.But for now will continue with Innova and wellness. By- products in food as far as I'm concerned is worse than garlic as is poultry digest etc. So......

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I know enough about the ingredients to choose a good food for my Beautiful cats, they get the best food that is available here - Royal Canin Persian.

Yeah many of the commercial foods are loaded with stuff that isn't good for cats, like the pet food brands that have artifical colouring and it definitly makes it more appealing to the cats, but even if my kitties liked the taste of it(I wouldn't let them try it) they wouldn't get it, because they thrive on Royal Canin.
Good, R/C is a decent food, I fed it to my bengals before going to the raw diet. They didn't like the taste of the R/C much, but it had a good protein/fat ratio. The carbs were still way too high though.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batrice

I have had cats for over 50 years. And i research everything to the tee. I must admit garlic is still a questionable issue. I continue to research it.
Good, I would like your feedback on the ASPCA toxicology report titled "Allium Species Poisoning in Dogs and Cats", which is one of the most recent articles I have seen on the topic.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I have always adopted the "better safe than sorry" way if thinking. The fact that it is "questionable" is enough for me to veer away from including it in Dori's diet.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't like the taste of a lot but they love their Royal Canin!

However my desexed boy has to have his cheap crappy watery canned food!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I guess I have always adopted the "better safe than sorry" way if thinking. The fact that it is "questionable" is enough for me to veer away from including it in Dori's diet.
That is my philosophy evan the dog is no longer getting garlic