Gardens

missyc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I am hungry now. Beside the corn and orka, I want some green beans, red potatoes, steamed cabbage, cucumbers in vinage water, and sliced tomatoes, with cornbread on the side and cherry pie for dessert is perfect, maybe with a little vanilla ice. Don't forget the iced tea. I don't have a garden this year, but after reading all of this I will be at the farmers market this weekend.

Debby, what kind of pea are you going to plant next year. A guy at work always grows snow peas.

catmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Debby:
Yum!!!!
I only ended up planting zucchini because my son loves it. (We started a few other seeds indoors, but our cat knocked them to the floor and I didn't start them over!)...The zucchini is doing pretty well surprisingly with the VERY dry weather we have been having. I had hopes of planting a lot of different things, but got very sick for a few weeks and then with the ultra-dry season, just never did it. I also wanted to try for the first time to make homeade raspberry jam this year (my favorite!), but I don't think the raspberries are going to do well either...we will see.

My husband wanted to plant pumpkins, but with our short water supply didn't do that either

Needless to say, I am very proud of the zucchini!!!

PS...I am an Iowan, too...(well, I was born and raised there, but no longer live there)...but I MISS the sweet corn that we grew on the farm each year!!!

-Catmommy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Missy...not sure what kind of peas I will plant next year...I will have to check into that.
Just regular old peas, I guess.

Catmommy....I also love zuchhini, but didn't plant any this year.
Whereabouts in Iowa are you originally from? We do have good sweet corn here, that's for sure!!!