Garbage Guts!

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a cat who just won't stop eating!
A bit of history: she's a little over a year, I found her when she was approx 4 weeks old, when I found her I struggled to get her to eat, could only get her to drink kitten milk through a syringe for weeks before she'd move to solids, since I got her to eat, she now won't stop! She's not at all fat and has been wormed regularly. My theory was that maybe cuz she missed nutrients as a kitten, she thinks she's gotta make up for it now? What are people's thoughts? I need advice cuz it's gotten to the point where she'll stick her head into the grill to steal a sausage!!

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear! I have two 1 year old shelter cats just like your kitty. Maybe it's an orphan thing. They are making up for what thay missed out on! They have no manners. No mother to teach them. I still have to stop my two from jumping on the stove, and in the oven. They are always trying to pinch food off our plates. One of them jumps in the fridge every time i open it! Greedy critters! Hopefully they will grow out of it one day.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you feeding her and how much?  Do you feed her at least twice daily?  Since she is only one year old, maybe she still needs to be fed 3 times daily.  Does she have dry Kitten Chow to graze on all day when she wants a bite to eat??   The problem may be she is hungry. 

And, Welcome to the Cat Site.  So glad you joined. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kittychew,I hope they do too! It can be frustrating at times!

Mazie, she gets fed twice daily. She gets wet and dry food and yes I do leave some biscuits for her to graze on, only they don't last long after being put into the bowl! She sometimes will have a third meal, usually so I can do my cooking and keep all my ingredients. Ha!
I don't feel I'm underfeeding her. She'll do anything for food; I have to feed her before my staffy, or the poor boy misses out!
Thank you! :)

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's what I'm thinking. Possibly just an orphan thing!

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! And i am a bit soft on them. They don't play up quite as much with my husband.

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha there is no good cop bad cop in our house with our cat.

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is her in my pic. Quite jealous actually! She can eat so much and not gain anything!! [emoji]128514[/emoji]

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
My girl is slender, but my boy's a bit of a pudding! She gets in the fridge and passes food down to him!

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohh naughty! Haha, aren't they funny ;)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one too that was born a feral. He is slim and steals food from the others after scarfing his down. He jumps on the counter while I am preparing their dinner, He begs and meows while we eat, and sticks his head into any chip bag that is left in the open, I left for a minute to get something to drink and when I came back he had half of my popcorn gone! No food can be left unattended. But that beautiful little orange face with those huge eyes cannot be yelled at! 

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So it must be a feral thing? My Bubbles isn't a begger. She just steals lol. If you tell her no, she'll give you those big ol 'but please Mum' eyes!

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine are the same di and bob. Turn around and it's gone. I have to lock them out when i cook. My male broke into the pantry, and chewed through the metal lid of my olive oil so he could drink it. I found him just in time!

katilizzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It must be a feral thing! My Gabriel is the same way. I know he's not hungry because he has uneaten cat food, but leave any food on the counter and he's there in a flash. Yesterday I found him eating pumpkin bread! 

sammylou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh god! Haha these are too funny! I'm getting my girl desexed in a few weeks. Fingers crossed this may tone her down a bit, either that or she can be kicked outside for a while [emoji]128514[/emoji]