GAME - The Never, Ever, Ever Game

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it is a chicken, duck dish.

I have never watched an entire football game on tv. (american football or soccer)
I haven't either. I don't like to watch sports.

I have never, ever played tennis.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

What is turducken?

I have never,ever gone hiking 
@Debbila, You bone a small whole chicken, bone a duck, and then bone a turkey.

Stuff the chicken into the duck. Stuff the duck into the turkey. And roast. Tur(the turkey) duc(the duck) ken(the chicken). Turducken. Interesting, eh? 
 I know you can buy them, but I would think they're a wee bit pricey.

I have never been able to keep a gardenia. They always die on me, no matter how careful  I am.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@Debbila, You bone a small whole chicken, bone a duck, and then bone a turkey.

Stuff the chicken into the duck. Stuff the duck into the turkey. And roast. Tur(the turkey) duc(the duck) ken(the chicken). Turducken. Interesting, eh? 
 I know you can buy them, but I would think they're a wee bit pricey.

I have never been able to keep a gardenia. They always die on me, no matter how careful  I am.
Oh sounds like cholesterol city, but tasty.  LOL

I have never, ever made my favorite dessert, Baked Alaska

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never ever HAD Baked Alaska. Please tell me about it.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used to make Baked Alaska quite often because everybody here always liked it. It's really easy to make, if you don't make it real fancy.

You bake a cake; I usually make it in a 9 x 13-inch pan. Flop the cake out of the pan onto an oblong cake plate. (Don't have an oblong cake plate? Then place foil on a cookie sheet and flop the cake out onto the cookie sheet.) Then I'll put a block of ice cream on top of the cake (I usually keep about an inch of cake around the ice cream and cut out the remaining cake. And then wrap tightly and freeze overnight. You must freeze it; you can't just chill it or the ice cream will melt. Right before you serve, unwrap the cake and frost it completely with meringue. Broil for about 4-5 minutes....you want the meringue to brown nicely, but you don't want the ice cream to melt. Serve immediately. Leftovers are well-wrapped and frozen.

When you're frosting the cake and ice cream, make sure every last opening is closed with the meringue; otherwise the ice cream may start to melt.

You can make a spongecake base for your Alaska if you don't want the cake. You can make a round Alaska; just use a round cake pan and mold your ice cream in a round stainless steel bowl and freeze for a while.  If you don't want to broil the meringue, use a blow torch if you have one.

You can get really fancy with liqueurs and such. You could ignite brandy or the liqueur of your choice and then do a flambe. Very impressive.  I don't. We're happy with just the standard baked Alaska.

I have a Betty Crocker Bake N Fill pan that I use for baked Alaska and other bombe-type cakes.  http://www.vetwill.com/mainpage/detail/betty-crocker-bake-n-fill-cake-pan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baked Alaska recipe from Pam sounds like the bomb.

I have never sung in a choir.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never enjoyed watching Western movies except High Noon