Game Of Thrones Gift Basket

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A few months ago, I foolishly offered to make and donate a wine gift basket for an auction. Then I saw Game of Thrones Ale in the store. Proof that there's a spin-off for everything...wonder when I will see the "Little House on the Prairie Pa's Special Blend Whiskey"? Anyway, I had a lot of fun making this one! (The tag is supposed to look like a shield.):

wine1.jpg

wine2.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you! It was fun to do. Both the Game of Thrones Ale and the Apothic Wine get very good customer reviews online. I tried to make each food item British, with Swedish cookies, as there are Viking characters in the show (weirdest phone conversation I ever had in a grocery store: "Honey, since you're a fan, do they have any Vikings in the show? I want to buy these cookies that have a French name, but are made in Sweden.") I wish Dollar Tree had smaller, plain wine glasses; they used to. All I could get are what I call the huge"Yep, we're gonna have a good time tonight", 20 ounce ones. The basket has Ploughman's Relish, British marmalade, wine crackers (from an English recipe), Breton crackers (as stretch, since they're made in Maine, but the Bretons were French), 2 wine glasses, 2 coasters, Swedish chocolate crisps cookies (almost didn't make it into the basket :devilish:), purple napkins, and a wine stopper. And literal trash propping them all up: a tissue box stuffed full of newspaper, taped into a solid brick ; half a styrofoam block ; a cardboard tea bag box, torn to pieces to stabilize the gaps ; bubble wrap and tissue paper, all covered with a white shopping bag, then a new red dishtowel (for that regal look, LOL). You'd be amazed at what you need to engineer in order to get the items to be propped up in the basket! As long as it's new, clean, smells ok, and there's no cat fur, it gets used!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Thank you! Sorry, I only hand-deliver...LOL :lol: