Game - Is it in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL. I "played" one of those in elementary school. So did DD. I think hers is still in her closet in her room so no, it's not in the room with me. 
Actually, not all that funny.  What you played in elementary school was probably a soprano or sopranino recorder -- rather shrill sounding, especially in the hands of a beginner.  I have an alto recorder with a lovely tone.  And, there are some fairly complex, gorgeous melodies available for recorder.  I wouldn't expect those to be taught in an elementary school music class; they're just trying to turn kids on to music and convince them that they're actually capable of making it themselves.  Like any musical instrument, recorder playing requires practice to actually become good at it.

As for soprano recorder, I was once playing one of those more complex songs I mentioned on a soprano recorder, with the window open, and a bird actually tried to get inside to listen, or mate, or something.

Margret

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Actually, not all that funny.  What you played in elementary school was probably a soprano or sopranino recorder -- rather shrill sounding.  I have an alto recorder with a lovely tone.  And, there are some fairly complex, gorgeous melodies available for recorder.  I wouldn't expect those to be taught in an elementary school music class; they're just trying to turn kids on to music and convince them that they're actually capable of making it themselves.

As for soprano recorder, I was once playing one of those more complex songs I mentioned on a soprano recorder, with the window open, and a bird actually tried to get inside to listen, or mate, or something.

Margret
I  really didn't think anyone played those outside of elementary school. Shrill is a nice way to put it. I need to see if DD's is still in her room and post a pic if it is. It's pink plastic. I was shocked when DD had to get one. I was in elementary school back in the 70's in NY. I thought it was just something our school did. 

How cute that the bird tried to come in  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
No stuffed toy lizard.  Sounds pretty cute though.

An autoharp?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, i'm sure that there are bugs in my living room. i keep a 4 foot log (firewood) rack in here, so i've got a ready supply of wood for the wood stove. the cats occasionally see one, catch it, perform various 'operations' on it, then send it to 'the great (bug) beyond'.

any cat treats in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.