Game: Getting To Know You - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

For some reason, I used to cook from scratch a lot more than I do now.

Are you a dessert kind of person, or can you go without the carbs and sweets?
OH YES!!!!! I don't really ever have desert after dinner, unless it is a special occasion. BUT, I have a HUGE sweet tooth

Do you prefer the rain or snow?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

For some reason, I used to cook from scratch a lot more than I do now.

Are you a dessert kind of person, or can you go without the carbs and sweets?
Sweets I actually can go without, starchy carbs... I cannot. BUT, as a trainer at my old work once told me (was weird having a trainer and huge gym inside a highrise), eat all the carbs you want until 1:00 p.m., then only eat protein and vegetables, fruit. I tried that and lost about 16-18 pounds in 1 month, no exercise.

Right now I'm faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat for the first time in my life, but know how to get skinny if I want to, just don't see the need or have the want.

Which sound do you like better in the middle of the night: 1. Firetruck sirens? or 2. Police sirens? (heh)

zenia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I never really tell the difference between them. I live right up the hill from the police station, fire truck dispatch AND an ambulance dispatch. So I am used to them all and none bother me. I sleep through them anyway.

Do you have any children?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zenia

I never really tell the difference between them. I live right up the hill from the police station, fire truck dispatch AND an ambulance dispatch. So I am used to them all and none bother me. I sleep through them anyway.

Do you have any children?
I have 10 little furry children, no "human" children. Wow, I, also have the police on the next street over, paramedics 3 doors down, and fire station about 1 mile away. Police are like this: WooooOOOOooooo WooooOOOOoooo WooooOOOOoooo; Fire Truck Sirens are like this: WeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee, WeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee, WeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK; And finally, the paramedic truck here goes: oooooOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOooooooooooo ooooooooOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOooooooooooooo
|: ooooEEEEoooooEEEEEoooooEEEEEEooooo ooooEEEEEoooooEEEEEooooEEEEEooooo :| [Repeat]

(Just so that you know the difference the next time... hee)

How faired your day today?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naps With Cats

I have 10 little furry children, no "human" children. Wow, I, also have the police on the next street over, paramedics 3 doors down, and fire station about 1 mile away. Police are like this: WooooOOOOooooo WooooOOOOoooo WooooOOOOoooo; Fire Truck Sirens are like this: WeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee, WeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee, WeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK, BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK

(Just so that you know the difference the next time... hee)

How faired your day today?
My day was spent in bed with pretty bad allergies!

What are your 3 favorite fresh herbs to cook with?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

What are your 3 favorite fresh herbs to cook with?
I'm not a big herb-user; I do use garlic and occasionally Italian seasonings, but I don't think I've ever used fresh herbs in anything.

Do you close the toilet lid at your house? (we do, otherwise we get cat toys in the bowl
)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

Nope, not unless THE MERRY MAIDS or a workman closes it.
What's your cats favorite toy?
My cats LOVE those foil balls and carry them around. They also love those track ball games. Another favorite are the catnip stuffed mouse with the feathers attached.

What has been your favorite vacation spot?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Nope, not unless THE MERRY MAIDS or a workman closes it.
What's your cats favorite toy?
Yipes! Got 10...

Fuzz - Chief Red Cloud

Beijo - Fake Mice

Autumn - Any Toy (but rarely plays and only on her own)

Graciela - Whatever it is in the wall that she stares at for hours

Jules-Verne - Any and everything and everyone.

Marilia - The other cats if they'll let her and any toy now and then

Squint - Tinkly Balls

Tiny Dancer - Fake Mice, Tinkly Balls, Scratching Posts and Beijo

Chief Joseph - He likes to observe, but also likes to play with Beijo, Jules-Verne and Chief Red Cloud

Chief Red Cloud - Loves Squint (a little too much), He, Squint and Jules-Verne all play Futbol very well with tinly ball or any toy in his path - he walks like a...
Macho, macho, macho-guyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, FAVORITE VACATION SPOT: BRASIL!!!!!!!!

Soda Pop or Tea?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yipes! Got 10...

Fuzz - Chief Red Cloud

Beijo - Fake Mice

Autumn - Any Toy (but rarely plays and only on her own)

Graciela - Whatever it is in the wall that she stares at for hours

Jules-Verne - Any and everything and everyone.

Marilia - The other cats if they'll let her and any toy now and then

Squint - Tinkly Balls

Tiny Dancer - Fake Mice, Tinkly Balls, Scratching Posts and Beijo

Chief Joseph - He likes to observe, but also likes to play with Beijo, Jules-Verne and Chief Red Cloud

Chief Red Cloud - Loves Squint (a little too much), He, Squint and Jules-Verne all play Futbol very well with tinly ball or any toy in his path - he walks like a...
Macho, macho, macho-guyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH, FAVORITE VACATION SPOT: BRASIL!!!!!!!!

Soda Pop or Tea?
I guess it would have to be tea now. I love diet soda but it is like drinking poison so I have to stop because I was a diet soda junky.

What is your favorite desert?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Feralvr

What is your favorite desert?
I love, love, love Cracker Barrel's blackberry cobbler.

Cake or pie, and what kind?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I love, love, love Cracker Barrel's blackberry cobbler.

Cake or pie, and what kind?
Neither, I'd prefer ice cream, or even blackberry cobbler, warm with a small scoop on top.

(When I drove through Texas I ate only at Cracker Barrels (We don't have them here) and met the friendliest people I ever met; still have my "spoon holder" and it's on my stove to this day. The words I'll always remember in the heavy accent: "Would you like some grits with that?" hee (I'd never been asked that before.

ANYways (sorry once again for yet another tangent):

If you were low-middle income and it were a very hot day, and your air conditioner were not on auto-whatever where you can have it on or off at certain times, would you leave your air conditioner on 24/7 or the fans on 24/7 to save on energy and you bill?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If you were low-middle income and it were a very hot day, and your air conditioner were not on auto-whatever where you can have it on or off at certain times, would you leave your air conditioner on 24/7 or the fans on 24/7 to save on energy and you bill?
I would have the ac on 24/7; I have seasonal asthma, the season being summer. I truly cannot take the heat and humidity.

Do you have a garden? If so, what do you grow? If not, would you like one?

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i dont have a garden because i live in an apartment right now, but i would LOVE to have a flower garden when i get a house of my own
gardening was always a mother daughter event in our household, we each got turns picking out our favorites and deciding where we would like to plant them..i hope to continue this with my children someday!

how did you come up with your cats names (if not previously named when you got them)?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RiffxRaff

i dont have a garden because i live in an apartment right now, but i would LOVE to have a flower garden when i get a house of my own
gardening was always a mother daughter event in our household, we each got turns picking out our favorites and deciding where we would like to plant them..i hope to continue this with my children someday!

how did you come up with your cats names (if not previously named when you got them)?
First names were names I liked and "Native First Nation" names afterwords are descriptive names for each cat.

Jules-Verne however, was named "Jules" at the kill shelter he was at - they had him in ISO just 'cause of his bronchitis.

"Squint" had her name for quiet awhile (was born with upper eyelid agenesis and had double eye surgery). She sometimes still squints, but the name was cute so I kept that one. The rest of the first names I came up with, the second part of their names (the Native names), again, are descriptive of their personality or looks.

"Me and you and a cat named "__________".

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

"Me and you and a cat named "__________".
Tucker; he was our first and was the cat of my heart. We got him at the pound 3 days after our wedding; he had a stroke at age 12 and I thought my heart would break. I used to call him "Tucker my love, my baby boy" as if it were one long name.

We love all our cats, of course, but sometimes there's a "cat of our heart" (aka our soul cat). I've had 3 in my life; how many have you had?

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I think I've had 18 feline babies:

Kitties at the Bridge:
Puff
Fluff
Fluffy
Tabby
Peanut Butter
Pita
Hydrox, The Old Coot
Da Pumpkin Boy
Spike, the SpikerKitten
Gorby and Taffy (little girls from Whisper's last litter...sisters to Boo and Pepe)
Banshee, the RugCat Queen (she was my life and I was heartbroken when she went to the Bridge)

The current RugCats:
Whisper, the Grey Nuisance
Bootser
BooBoo Bibberman
Ms. Pepe, the PepMonster
Amber Louise
Mollipop

What do you give your cats for a snack? Do they drink kitty milk like Sip?

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I think I've had 18 feline babies:

Kitties at the Bridge:
Puff
Fluff
Fluffy
Tabby
Peanut Butter
Pita
Hydrox, The Old Coot
Da Pumpkin Boy
Spike, the SpikerKitten
Gorby and Taffy (little girls from Whisper's last litter...sisters to Boo and Pepe)
Banshee, the RugCat Queen (she was my life and I was heartbroken when she went to the Bridge)

The current RugCats:
Whisper, the Grey Nuisance
Bootser
BooBoo Bibberman
Ms. Pepe, the PepMonster
Amber Louise
Mollipop

What do you give your cats for a snack? Do they drink kitty milk like Sip?
The cats get dry cat food for snacks. I used to give the cats Kitty Milk, but they stopped liking it.
Are you going to watch The Royal Wedding tomorrow?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The cats get dry cat food for snacks. I used to give the cats Kitty Milk, but they stopped liking it.
Are you going to watch The Royal Wedding tomorrow?
Will try to watch it, and would love to see the wedding dress!!!!! Will be a huge event.

What is your favorite movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.