Game: Getting To Know You - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The fair (if I weren't a recluse) because the fairs here have great bands, are bigger, lots of animal stuff, rodeos, feels more community-oriented (in my area, anyways).

If you had to ride 30 miles and had to pick between a horse, a donkey and a mule, which would you pick and why?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naps With Cats

If you had to ride 30 miles and had to pick between a horse, a donkey and a mule, which would you pick and why?
Does my Mustang count as a horse?

Honestly, since I've never ridden any of the above, I don't know which I'd choose. I suppose a horse just because they're such incredibly beautiful animals.

Are you stubborn?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Does my Mustang count as a horse?

Honestly, since I've never ridden any of the above, I don't know which I'd choose. I suppose a horse just because they're such incredibly beautiful animals.

Mustangs ARE a type of horse!!! Yippeee!

Are you stubborn?
Nawww, I don't think so; never been called stubborn.

Are you paranoid about anything in particular?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueyedgirl5946

No, I don't think I am.

Do you like boat riding and fishing.
Boat riding, yes - fishing, no.

Do you like camping?

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Do you like camping?
Yes! I've always loved to be close to nature. We camped in the mountains when I was about 10, and I was disappointed the site had bathrooms. I wanted the full experience.

Do you own a lot of books?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you own a lot of books?[/quote]

Yuppers! I own a lot of books. (sniff) Because I had to sell my very expensive bookshelves when I was broke, all but one box of my books are in the enclosed storage closet out on my deck. {{{sigh}}}

What are 5 of your favorite bands from whatever era, doesn't matter? (or songs)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Do you own a lot of books?
Yuppers! I own a lot of books. (sniff) Because I had to sell my very expensive bookshelves when I was broke, all but one box of my books are in the enclosed storage closet out on my deck. {{{sigh}}}

What are 5 of your favorite bands from whatever era, doesn't matter? (or songs)[/quote]

Aerosmith, Van Halen, Led Zepplin, Damn Yankees and
Peter Frampton

What is your favorite kind of music to listen too?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite kind of music to listen too?[/quote]

Latin and Brazilian, both ethnic and jazz, also Classical and Baroque, Irish, Skiffle, Blue Grass, Big Band, Straight up Jazz, Cool old school jazz, Samoan, Middle-Eastern I love (played for a year with an Armenian band that played all types of Middle Eastern), 60's and 70's rock and pop, BOSSA NOVAAAAAA, ummm ummmmm I could really go on. I should have just said, I don't like negative music at all, i.e., heavy or death metal, that screamo type whatever it is, speed metal (anything with metal in it, I guess). I also love kids' lullabyes in different languages. My favorite is the Japanese lullabyes CD by Aiko Shimada and Elizabeth Falconer. I have Gaelic, Portugese and African Lullabyes and some English ones, but prefer the International one (excepting the first song which is so scary for a kid to hear - and for me, too! lol)

"The hills are alive . . . and it's rather ___________________"

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What is your favorite kind of music to listen too?
Latin and Brazilian, both ethnic and jazz, also Classical and Baroque, Irish, Skiffle, Blue Grass, Big Band, Straight up Jazz, Cool old school jazz, Samoan, Middle-Eastern I love (played for a year with an Armenian band that played all types of Middle Eastern), 60's and 70's rock and pop, BOSSA NOVAAAAAA, ummm ummmmm I could really go on. I should have just said, I don't like negative music at all, i.e., heavy or death metal, that screamo type whatever it is, speed metal (anything with metal in it, I guess). I also love kids' lullabyes in different languages. My favorite is the Japanese lullabyes CD by Aiko Shimada and Elizabeth Falconer. I have Gaelic, Portugese and African Lullabyes and some English ones, but prefer the International one (excepting the first song which is so scary for a kid to hear - and for me, too! lol)

"The hills are alive . . . and it's rather _noisy
What do you usually do on Saturdays?

__________________"[/quote]

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

"
[/quote]

Since the weather's nice---yard sales, my Mom's house for coffee and a visit with my brothers, yard work when my aching back allows it, a walk, watch a Cubs game on tv, try to get little things done around the house.

Would you rather take a walk outdoors or use a treadmill?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Medicines to kitties, drink 2 cups of coffee while on here, do poop-scoopin', sanitize hands, do groomin' on Chief Red Cloud, give fluids to Autumn (today, anyway, it's every other day), if I'm hungry I'll eat, take my medicine, if I have any extra projects (which I have tons, but if I feel like doing 1 I will), if not, I'll nap for about 3-4 hours, wake up and be a zombie for at least one hour; turn on the t.v. and watch it and/or come over here, then do the evening meds when evening comes around (quick), do the second scoopin', throw it on the poop deck because I don't want to walk down the stairs, then come back, be a zombie, play with the kitties some, take my night medicine, then go to bed.

What do you usually do on Sundays?

ACK! SORRY LIBBY!!!! DO LIBBY'S QUESTION FIRST!! I WROTE FOR A LONG TIME, SORRY!!

missm

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Would you rather take a walk outdoors or use a treadmill?
Most definitely take a walk outdoors. Isn't that what walking is all about, anyway? To enjoy the air and do errands and see things?

What kind of pictures do you have framed in your house?

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What kind of pictures do you have framed in your house?[/quote]

Lots of cat pictures.

In spare room I have pictures of glory days when I was pro-dancing and pro-playing percussion and fun dancing parties I'd go to, back-stage passes to Hollywood Bowl, Greek and all those places, 3 pictures I don't think I'm supposed to have that a friend out at Vandenburg (while I was working there) gave me of the MX-10 (or whichever it was long ago) and 2 of the shuttle on ground and one in the air that went out of there (I worked there around the 80's?), I have a huge R. Boren painting in living room (Cottage on river with mountains, gorgeous), my mom's paintings and sketching with China Pencils of people doing Tai Chi (the energy coming out of their hands), one of a teal mermaid under water, just the face, pretty cool, a Brazilian corner of art I bought in Brasil and my music wall of some of the instruments I kept that are hangable, the few others left that are not hangable are on the ground near there, a big poster of Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffany's", a picture of me with 2 of the National Guard during the riots in L.A. (really had to talk them into it AND talk my friend into taking the picture).

Hmmm, oh, right in front and above my computer is a Scanlan print of "Rue Due Fleuri, very, very lovely and I have those Allen Cat Clocks that are SO adorable. I have the Artist and the upside down cat, both with dangling things (artist, a pallate, and the upside down crazy cat, a fish).

I think I could go on - been told my place is like a museum, but I do like to feel at home and always have something to look at.

Okay. What is your favorite piece of artwork or craft you have hanging on your wall?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What is your favorite piece of artwork or craft you have hanging on your wall?
I have a framed print of van Gogh's "Starry Night" hanging above my desk. It's one of my favorite works of art, and I'm a huge fan of Vincent's.

So many people here read for fun; what's your favorite type of book? (suspense, non-fiction, history, etc)

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So many people here read for fun; what's your favorite type of book? (suspense, non-fiction, history, etc)[/quote]

Non-Fiction, mostly documentary-style (although I don't see as well now for reading). I do love LOTR, though!

What is your favorite park, large or small?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What is your favorite park, large or small?
There's a park a couple of blocks from my house called Indian Mounds Park because it was built on---what else?---Indian burial mounds. I love to roam thru there. It also overlooks the Mississippi River; it's just a beautiful spot.

Do you prefer to go for a walk with someone or by yourself?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There's a park a couple of blocks from my house called Indian Mounds Park because it was built on---what else?---Indian burial mounds. I love to roam thru there. It also overlooks the Mississippi River; it's just a beautiful spot.

Do you prefer to go for a walk with someone or by yourself?
I love to go walking by myself....I can stay at my pace and enjoy all around me

Do you shave or wax

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

I love to go walking by myself....I can stay at my pace and enjoy all around me

Do you shave or wax
Shave - I can't afford to wax.
I sure wish I could, cuz it's getting more difficult for me to shave due to my detiorating back condition: it's almost impossible for me to bend over to do it now.

Do you collect anything?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Do you collect anything?
An easier question would be: is there anything you DON'T collect?

My 2 biggest collections are vintage/antique dolls and vintage Halloween. I also collect chalkware animals, wind-up animal toys, music boxes, stoneware mixing bowls, Noah's Ark anything, bottle brush Christmas trees, outdoor fairies, gargoyles......I actually could go on and on.

If money was no object, what is the 1 thing you would buy for yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.