Game - Answer the last question and ask the next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, I've had some pieces of my ceramics shown several times in the UK and Japan.

Have you been to any good exhibitions recently?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's a tie between Vermeer and Monet

What was your favorite subject in school?

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
English. I always got high grades in that subject. Maybe it is because I love to read alot.

What was your least favorite subject in school?

aolani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
property law

what's the first thing you would do if you hit the powerball jackpot?

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Call a lawyer to see how to collect it without anyone knowing.  After it's in the bank - sharing the wealth with friends, family, animal welfare groups, other charities, and creditors.

Does your cat growl when someone comes to the door?

tiptopper

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes-if it"s a stanger!--No to family & friends 

Do you take your cat(s) outside with you?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never.  Cucumella was a "garden" cat for 9 years until she came to me 5 years ago. She was never allowed inside the house during her first 9 years of her life but she was always trying to get inside and hide if she ever succeeded so that they couldn't take her out. My elder daughter always says that she must now think she has died and awoken in Paradise. 

Do you have dogs as well as cats?

aolani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no, but my friends and family tell me that lani is a dog in a cat's body.... so maybe?

How clumsy is your cat?

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Paul isn't actually clumsy but when he runs, he looks like a total goofus.  He gallops instead of running and it doesn't help that he's overweight.  Chula is very graceful.

Have you ever walked out of a doctor appointment because the wait was too long?  

Last edited:

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
No, but my husband has.
I will usually just wait my turn, but he has no patience at all.

How intelligent do you believe cats really are?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a little girl I had written in my homework composition that a dog was very intelligent. The teacher drew a line over my wrting with a red pencil and wrote that "animals have no intelligence only instinct" an asked me to rewrite my composition. I refused to do it and got punished for it.

Today, so many years later, I still think that given the opportunity  animals have the ability to perceive and understand and that they experience sadness and joy.   Obviously a cat who lives outdoors with little contact with human beings will not be exposed to the same variety of experiences offered to those living intimately with their owners and will be less capable of understanding a human situation and react to it sensibly. . I could cover many pages with anecdotes concerning Cucumella's behaviour proving her capacity to understand a situation and react accordingly to help.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

When I was a little girl I had written in my homework composition that a dog was very intelligent. The teacher drew a line over my wrting with a red pencil and wrote that "animals have no intelligence only instinct" an asked me to rewrite my composition. I refused to do it and got punished for it.

Today, so many years later, I still think that given the opportunity  animals have the ability to perceive and understand and that they experience sadness and joy.   Obviously a cat who lives outdoors with little contact with human beings will not be exposed to the same variety of experiences offered to those living intimately with their owners and will be less capable of understanding a human situation and react to it sensibly. . I could cover many pages with anecdotes concerning Cucumella's behaviour proving her capacity to understand a situation and react accordingly to help.
I think recent studies have proved that dogs are more intelligent than we've previously given them credit for. I'm glad you stood up to your teacher @Golondrina

..... but we need another question .....

Loving Mickey

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, lots of times, especially when I have trouble sleeping. It is relaxing!

Does watching television in bed keep you awake or help you fall asleep?

hellobecky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Watching TV in bed keeps me awake. It's mostly the light that keeps me up and not the sound.

Do you own any other pets, other than cats?

Last edited:

aolani

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, a fish named Harold.

How does your cat wake you in the morning?

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
By scratching my face.. not aggressively but that nail is on me.. purring rubbing 

Do u have any skin care routines? 

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Only three? 

1.  People who talk on their cell phones while a cashier is checking them out.  This is unacceptably rude in my opinion.   

2.  Intolerance towards others.  In mild forms it annoys me; in stronger forms, it makes me kind of sick.  

3.  Waiting for hours for doctors (human or animal) appointments or care at the ER.  

Have you ever gotten angry enough at someone that you nearly hit them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.