Gallbladder ultrasound

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

That is true it can go in the liver.
The Gall Bladder pain is worse then the surgery.
I would have the surgery done if they think it is the gall bladder.
Mine turned out to be way worse then the dr had thought.
Since the surgery I have never had that terrible pain.
I have never had kids, but my friends who have had kids and gallbladder attacks say they would much rather have the pain of giving birth over the gallbladder attacks. When I had my attacks, all I could do was lay in bed trying not to move, it hurt so bad! and prayers for you to start feeling better!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^ I still occasionally get episodes of that. BUT I had diagnosed stones for 8 years, and likely had them for a few years before that.

The spooky thing is that whenever I'd have a GB attack there would be some mild stabbing pain on my right, but the really intense pain was always on the left.

The lesson: if it's got to go, get rid of it!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Another thing that can look like GB issues, pain and symptom wise, is sphincter of oddi dysfunction - this one can be missed by a lot of docs.
yes because it's so rare. it was on that show "Mystery Diagnosis" one episode --it caused one woman so much pain and frustration over the years (puking up green after *every* meal, etc.) until one doctor finally diagnosed it. When it was named, I thought sphincter of oddi? what in tarnation is that?!!? Apparently every man, woman and child has a sphincter of oddi (it rhymes with bow-tie)

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

yes because it's so rare.
It isn't that rare, but it is underdiagnosed. I have something that was on one of those episodes, too, which again isn't as rare as it's made out to be but is very underdiagnosed - with people usually being told they're having mental issues instead.
At which point many woman have given up and suffered with it for 20+ years taking medications that usually make them much worse.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My scan went well, though I don't have the results yet. It took about 1.5 hours, (plus another hour of sitting in the waiting room prior to the test; they were very busy.) The nuclear med techs told me some people get sick during the last phase of test. I was amazed that I did not, because if it's going to happen to anybody....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I have never had kids, but my friends who have had kids and gallbladder attacks say they would much rather have the pain of giving birth over the gallbladder attacks. When I had my attacks, all I could do was lay in bed trying not to move, it hurt so bad! and prayers for you to start feeling better!
Both my sister in laws said the same thing!

Originally Posted by nurseangel

My scan went well, though I don't have the results yet. It took about 1.5 hours, (plus another hour of sitting in the waiting room prior to the test; they were very busy.) The nuclear med techs told me some people get sick during the last phase of test. I was amazed that I did not, because if it's going to happen to anybody....
Glad the test went OK and you didn't throw up.
Here are some for the results.