Gaining weight stinks...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Yes, but I'll be honest...I know me. I would fib and tell you I was doing sit-ups while I sat on the couch eating chips and dip....
Hahaahah same!!!!!

I used to be so fit, doing triathlons and so forth (only 18 months ago!), and while I have never been "skinny" and never will be, I was fit and healthy, well toned, so didn't care about being a size 12-14.

But now everything is soft and squidgy, and clothes just don't look right, and I hate wearing shorts, but we're heading home to Australia in 2 weeks, and it's summer there so everyone's going to be in shorts and singlets! And we've got 5 days at the Great Barrier Reef so you know what that means - swimsuit shopping!!!! (Insert scary music here) I know my cute little bikini is going to horrible, so ned to find something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

They say dimply bottoms are genetic though, so its not our fault dammit!!! Everytime I come home from the gym, I check out my own butt and they are not going away

I don't know whats going on
NOOO! Don't tell me it's genetic and that there's no hope. My mom, love her dearly has a big mushy tushy.
And my sis is more like me. Pear-shaped with all her weight in her butt, hips, etc...

Originally Posted by GingersMom

Went from a 34B to a 36C. That didn't stink that much.
LOL! to make up for having to go up a jeans size yesterday one of the tops I bought was REALLY low cut to show off my new "endowments" and draw the attention there since I've gained the weight. I don't mind the little bit of extra weight there either and I might as well work what I've got!

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

And even in HS, when my cheerleading skirt was a size 5, I still had such a booty that it would stick out the back of my skirt.
In reality though, if you were a size five with that problem you were probably pretty darn cute!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Dedication to weight loss is tough, but you've all got that "rabbit food" mentality going on! I eat really well.. Now i don't eat nearly as much as I did at 250 lbs, but hey, at 165, I'm pretty darn tickled I've gotten this far. I wish I'd keep going down, but at least this is practice fror when I'm done. I wish I'd been this small in high school.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone who lost weight dropped a shoe size?

When I lost 25 lbs, I went from a shoe size 8 to a 7.5...I thought that was weird....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Has anyone who lost weight dropped a shoe size?

When I lost 25 lbs, I went from a shoe size 8 to a 7.5...I thought that was weird....
Really? I have never heard of that!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
advise....never schedule surgery when you will be less active in December. That is what i did in 1998 with my foot surgery. I gained 10 pounds in December alone!!

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know I gained a shoe size or 2 when I had kids, so it kind of makes sense that you can lose a shoe size. except I didn't go down a shoe size even when I got back to my normal size.

Losing weight is very hard. My poor mom has been struggling with it for most of her life. That's one of the reasons I'm determined not to gain weight now. She found a good group though. Its called TOPS. (take off pounds sensibly-I think). They're all over the country and the world. She even goes to meetings in Canada when she's there visiting relatives. She's almost down to her goal weight now and wishes she had the money to get rid of her extra skin.

I always thought I was chunky in school too, but now I'm still the same and everyone thinks I'm skinny. I know its hard to find time to exercise, but that is so important. If you just eat less it lowers your metabolism, so you'll always have to eat less to stay the same. It does help to have exercise buddies though. My neighbor and I get up around 5:15 am and go for a 3 1/2 mile walk every morning (7am on weekends) --my dog loves it! I try to get yoga or pilates in later.

It is what's on the inside that counts though (my excuse for not dying my hair) and since everyone here loves their kitty cats, you're all beautiful people!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

My brother in law eats mounds and mounds of food and never gains a pound!!
I think that deserves a couple of extra squishes!