Gaining a new life with a new cat

bryghtknowledge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 Well, it's me again. I have applied to move into a studio apartment in a certain major city by a gloriously huge lake. (are we allowed to name places and locations here?) And this studio apartment is located right near a real beach. I wonder,  Is it alright to take my new cat with me, right on the beach? How well do cats cope/mix with beaches?

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, you are allowed to name places.  Many of us add our locations to our profiles so tat people will know where we live when we post.  Since we are an international site, it's usually fairly important to know at least what country people live in, if not the city.

Of course you can take your cat on the beach if you harness train her and if the beach doesn't frighten her.  Here is a link to an article on harness training.  It takes patience but works very well. 

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/harness-and-leash-training-for-cats

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  I live near a beach too so my best advice is to check out the laws of your area and spend some time at the beach without the cat first.  My beach doesn't allow motorized vehicles on it, yet lifeguards ride 4-wheelers on it.  We supposedly have leash laws, but my friend was knocked off her feet by someone's not-on-a-leash dog.  So, that all said, spend some time there and see what the atmosphere is like.