Gah...HELP!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah..she is so totally worth it! She's my lover bug =)

Tammy

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sigh...I still cant catch her. Something spooked her bad and she runs when she sees anyone now. Back to square one.

Tammy

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Whoot..she's been coming back now for 5 days. Actually calling me as she runs to me to get some luving and food/water now. Tomorrow I go to the vet for some flea medicine. When you touch her on her upper back shoulders you can feel all the fleas on her. She is so uncomfortable but she want to be petted even though I am sure it hurts.

She was so cute tonight...she ran onto the driveway and showed me her belly and was meowuffing at me. I think she likes me. Hubby was laughing..saying enjoy it Nala...you days of freedom are almost at an end. You'll be inside safe and warm this winter and Momma (me) wont be driving me nuts worrying about you. How cute is that??

I am going to get the medicine on her, frontline, let it work for a week and scoop her up take her to the vet and isolate her in the upstairs bathroom. There is plenty of room up there and the other animals can hear and smell her very easily. I have 3 cats and a dog. Two cats are already watching her out the door everynight and are relaxed and taking it all in. The dog is wagging his tail and whoofing at her in hello.

I'll let you know how it goes putting the medicine in her tomorrow.

mai_kitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Actually Frontline should have all adult fleas killed between 18-24 hours. After 24 hours you should try to give her a nice bath and flea comb her out as this will get any eggs that could be lurking. She should then be flea free and much happier.

I am so glad it is all working out for you and your new kitty. It sounds like she is going to have a wonderful life

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ohh...I was thinking it took a week for the med's to kill the fleas, ticks and any eggs that are on her. Im not sure about a bath though. That might totally freak her out. I do have lots of cat brushes/combs so that could easily be done this weekend after I dose her up lol. Sounds like Im a drug dealer!

I went over and chatted with her past owner. We had her info moved to our account at the vet today when we picked up the frontline. (He uses the same vet.) I told he was more than welcome to come and visit her anytime he wanted. He started to tear up over that. I felt so bad and asked him if he really wanted me to take her. He kept telling me yes...she'll have a good home and he wont have to worry about her.

Good grief...I feel like Im doing a bad thing! I told him when I catch her I'll come let him know so he doesnt worry. He was very happy to hear that. He also said that she hasnt been around his house much at all lately. I wonder if that is because she is becoming used to us here and thinking of this as home? Im not sure.

Anyway...I'll let you know how it goes this weekend. My Pretty Princess Pudgie is going to be a bit put out as she is the spoiled one in the bunch. But...she will adjust and know we still love her. She is spoiled rotten...couldnt you tell by the name lol!

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nala is dosed up! She was here way early. I happened to look outside and there she was under the neighbor's truck looking at my door. Its drizzling out now...but she still came running and meowuffing at me as she came. Gingerly through the wet grass lol.

It stopped raining so and she was dry so I put the frontline on her and she ate a bit. Then it started to rain. She ran under my car and is resting there at the moment. She is so dang cute =)

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When she was here last night I fed her some shredded roasted chicken I had left over from dinner. You would think it was ambrosia =) She ate it from my fingers and kept head butting my hands to get more as I was shredding it for her. She's so darned cute!

Now there was a reason for feeding her the good stuff..I wanted to brush her and try to get some of the flea grit off her and I wanted her in a good mood...not sure if she has ever been brushed.

I let her smell the brush first, she rubbed her face against it so I gently brushed her down her back from her shoulders to her tail. She didnt mind it too much. She would move away when it was enough. All in all..a very productive night I think!

tjn66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight she was being especially lovey so I scooped her up and brought her in on the front porch. She was looking around...totally relaxed.

I placed her on the cat bench by the window and my big black cat came over and just looked at her. Ehh...and walked away lol. My tortie glared from the front door and my tabby jumped up on the bench (its about 5 feet long) looked at her...turned her back and laid down. The dog was outside for the first time in. I didnt want him tryind to play with her. He loves kitties.

Matsui (black cat) jumped up and came over to her and they sniffed noses..she growled he hissed then they both went back to ignoring each other. All in all not too shabby for a first meeting.

Nala was totally relaxed the whole time. Wasn't trying to get out. She was rubbing against hubby's hand. (We were standing right by her so as to keep everyone apart.) She then started to lay down on the bench and purr.

I opened the front door..hubby lifted her down on the floor and she calmly walked out the front door, down the steps and started eating the food I had put out for her. When I went out she was rolling over showing me her belly again.

I think we are going to be just fine! She is coming in the end of this week to the upstairs bedroom. I figured that would be better than the bathroom as we use that at night and there is a chance she could scoot out.

How do you think we did?