FYI- carwashcats

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

hey Laureen, where in Southern La. is your mom from?
My dad is from Oberlin, which is outside of Eunice, southwestern La.
What is her maiden name? My maiden name is Fuselier. Which down there
"Fuselier" (pronounced- Fuse'-lay or Fuse'-leer) is so common, it would be
like the name Smith here! My dad can cooooook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gumbo, Sauce Picanute', Etouffee'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your mom too? He will tell ya,
"If he wasn't cajun....... he'd be ashamed!"
i've been thru both Oberlin & Eunice many times going down to where mom's family is from!
dad is from Benson [close to Mansfield, which is near Shreveport].
mom is from Hathaway [close to Jennings, which is near Lake Charles]. most of her family lives in Lake Charles, now - but a couple of her siblings are still in Hathaway - & one owns the family home & will be moving there from LC.
oh, yeah - love etouffee, gumbo - my family has a recipe for a crawfish casserole, tho, that's better than either of those!
mom's family is not native Louisianan, tho - so her maiden name isn't French - it's Phenice.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

to her computer!!! I don't know if I could live without TCS for that long!
It's not an easy thing to do!
I wasn't able to log on this past week, and I was almost to the point where I thought about finding a support group b/c I couldn't get my "fix"!

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
haha I know how it goes guys! I havn't found much time to be on recently with my DH threatening to divorce me and all!
Yeah, he sent his mommy over here to tell me that!
But thats a whole new story all together!

I love your accent Monique! I never see myself with an accent but I know I have one too!

Im gonna give you a call tomarrow guys! That way I have someone to talk to about stuff, and you both have been very supportive!

For your computer Monique!! Hehe and at least I talked behind your back right in front of you!!
hehe

Oh and no one in North or South Dakota talk ANYTHING like they do in the movie FARGO!! Bunch of jerks picking on our accents and we dont even talk like that!!

P.S. Click on my Dragon so he doesn't die! Puuulllleeeasseee???

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Oh and no one in North or South Dakota talk ANYTHING like they do in the movie FARGO!! Bunch of jerks picking on our accents and we dont even talk like that!!
They were just exaggerating the accents in that movie, Amber. We DO talk like that to some extent, but not necessarily as pronounced.
I thought it was rather funny myself!

~KK~