Furry Toes

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
We have several new cats at the Humane Society shelter where I volunteer. This big guy is listed as a "Maine Coon". Love his furry toes.

I never did get a picture of his face. About the only time he was still long enough for a picture was when he was eating.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Love those toes! How handsome that boy is. (well, other than his face, although I'm sure his face is just as handsome!)

Mr. Furry Toes!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While it's not a 100% sure method, I always check the toe tufts on a new cat brought into the shelter. If they're long and in good shape, it's almost always a cat that's been used to being indoors. If not, expecially on a long-haired cat, it mean's they've been outdoors for quite a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I believe this cat was surrendered by an owner who could no longer care for him. I trimmed his claws and he looks like he's in good condition.

The kennel card lists him as a Maine Coon, but I don't know if that came from the owner or if somebody at the shelter decided that's what he is. They have a tendency to try to label the cats as specific breeds even when it's obvious they're a mix of some kind. Any longhaired white cat is a Persian, any short haired gray cat is a Russian Blue, any large longhaired cat is a Maine Coon, etc.

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome kitty! I wish him the best of luck in getting adopted quickly -- though, in theory, he shouldn't have a problem. I mean, who could resist a hunk of that proportion
?! I kid, but he is a looker for sure.

And, as for those furry toes. I
love, love, love
furry toes. My Cassidy and Finnegan both have furry toes and I'm addicted to playing with them at every opportunity. I think they're just so sweet.

Please update us on this handsome boy so we can keep up with his second chance at life! He's a beauty (ah, I wish I could take him home) -- hopefully, someone else out there will agree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Our big fluffy guy was adopted yesterday!

I did find one picture of his face in profile.

lisar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! He sure is handsome... I hope he has a loving family.