Furry Alarm Clock

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sailfish

My cats wake me up at 3:30 am. How do I reset them to a later time?
Reset them

I dont know its tough. You could try to play with them realllly hard right before you go to bed so that maybe they'll be tired and sleep through the night.

sharper16

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel sorry for you. I have one of those too! He used to wake us up early by banging on our verticle blinds. We have since moved and put up shades. Now he knocks everything off of my nightstands. I took everything off and now he moves the alarm clock back and forth across the headboard to wake us up. Or he will knock my glasses off the night stand and the remote control for the tv. He is a little brat. If you come up with any solutions on how to treat this bad behavior, please let me know.

twocatsperson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Automatic feeder solved the "cat alarm" problem for me too.
It has timer and they know exactly when the food comes out. They eat and come back to bed right away

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nath 1

Hi!

An other solution is to get a food dispenser that opens at the time you chose. THis is what I have and it works wonders : I set it for 6: 00 and my cat has her meal... and lets me sleep!
N.
That's the trick I use, too! Ours is set for 5:00 a.m.. It doesn't always work, but most of the time Jamie will let me sleep. I just wish I'd thought of it earlier.

darcifinn

Jax & Audie
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I give in to my boy. He does what I call "playing the blinds". He rakes his paw across the blinds until I give him his morning tempations. So I crawl out of bed half asleep and feed both kittens and handful of temptations and they leave me alone till after 10 am on the weekends.