Furkids instead of kids?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
The other option i choose is i do not yet have skinkids, but i will after im married and i LOOOVE my furkids a billion times over

estelle58

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter Annie is 26 years old so she's not a kid anymore... and I have 3 furr babies...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not a good kid person. Everyone says that'll change if you ever have one of your own, but I don't like them and from what I've seen of my co workers and friends kids, I'll never want any. My cats are my kids and frankly, I like it that way. Heck I spend so much money on the cats, there isn't enough left for me to be able to afford a child also, so no kids here ever!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont want kids, never have, and despite people telling me I will change my mind, I Can't see it happening. But, I dont think of my cats as alternative kids either, they might be my babies, but they aren't replacements for kids. Although I am like jugen, I spend way too mch on my cats to be able to afford anything else!!

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No skin-kids, ever. When they're little, they're kinda cute, but the second they start crying they go to their mom. I got to play baby-sitter quite a lot over the past few months with my neighbors' young children.. and while sometimes they're fun, I couldn't stand living with them. Thankfully I managed to cure Jaclyn of her crying fits (she did it when she wanted anything) and Justin of hitting other kids (within my sight, anyhow). Teenagers are just one big ball of fun, especially the boys.

People (complete strangers, too) seem to enjoy patronizing me and speaking down to me about how I'll change my mind someday, and how giving birth is the most defining experience of your life, and you are not complete until you've raised a child.. yadda yadda yadda. It annoys me, because what these people don't appear to understand is that while I respect their opinions, what they are basically telling me is that I am incapable of making my own decisions for myself. And they wonder why they get such a mouthful.

My kitties are better babies--and much easier to housebreak--than even the most well-behaved children out there. I'll stick with the shedding instead of the credit-card borrowing, thank you very much! LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noludoru

It annoys me, because what these people don't appear to understand is that while I respect their opinions, what they are basically telling me is that I am incapable of making my own decisions for myself. And they wonder why they get such a mouthful.
I think this is what drives me the most nuts. I am an intelligent person and capable of making decisions. And being that I don't like children (no, not even when they're little), I feel I am being a responsible adult making an informed decision when I say NO to children.

Not to get down on anyone who has them of course... it's just not for me.

Originally Posted by noludoru

My kitties are better babies--and much easier to housebreak--than even the most well-behaved children out there. I'll stick with the shedding instead of the credit-card borrowing, thank you very much! LOL!
And no car borrowing... and no education financing...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never really decided not to have children, but as the years have went by the idea of having them became less appealing to the point where now I have no interest in having children at all. I look at myself and my cats, as one little happy family and that's good enough for me...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

God, in His infinite wisdom, gave me cats.....for a reason.

I grew up thinking that I'd have children someday, but things don't always work out the way we plan. I'm content in my life, and I love my cats because they are my children. I can't imagine a life without cats.
Couldn't have said it better.

In fact, I do have a stepson, but as he is all grown up, and I didn't get to bring him up, I think he doesn't really count for the purposes of this discussion.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO skins for me .... I wouldnt risk it , as NOW dont jump me ... I shouldnt have been born but a victim of natural selection....

Now I love fur , scale , shelled , finned and evan feathered kids

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i dont have any skin kids, im only 18 still kind of young lol, but i do love kids (when I can give them back
j/k) But I want kids eventually once I finish school and find the right somebody, but my furkids are still and always will be my kids
I always tell my mom that all my friends have kids and i techniqually do, I have my furkids

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other- I am 22, I want children and more cats eventually, but can only have one cat for now!

I also don't think of Zissou as a child, and certainly not mine!

kaskacats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just furkids all the way for me! I enjoy spending time with my nieces and nephews, but it's just too much to have kids fulltime, for me anyway. I have plenty of furkids to occupy me. My bf agrees, he's much older than me and already ruled that I'm not having any babies, just puppies. LOL!

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm 49 and never regret not having children. Who can afford them?
Not only that, I would be a basket case worrying about them all the time. We live in a crazy world. I have always had cats and been enchanted with them and always will.