Furball is now in Heaven

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy,
With tears streaming down my face I am writting to tell you how sorry I am that Furball is gone
I know the pain that your are in as my Nemo died not to long ago from a series of seizures. He didn't have the chance for Ken and I tell make his way out a peaceful one. He died in the car on the way to the vet from that last seizure. He did know how much I loved him as I was looking into his eyes when he took that last breath
You did a wonderful thing to help Furball pass, it hurts I know, but a good thing none the less.

Furball is now at the bridge being watched over by Nemo. Don't worry Nemo will protect him until you can see him again one day. I am saying a prayer for Furball now........Take care my friend, Furball will be waiting for you

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy, I am so sorry for your loss of Furball. He sounded like a wonderful baby. Remember, you did the right thing for him. Your love let him go peacefully. You will always remember him and he will always be with you in your heart. To help you get over your loss, you can always adopt another baby from a local shelter that is in need of love. Furball would not mind. For he knows that the love you shared with him, can now be enjoyed by another kitty that needs so much to be loved. Your baby is in heaven in Gods loving arms now
. You truly saw a sign from above, letting you know that Furball made it to the bridge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loverly7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so much for your kind words and prayers. After I saw the rainbow, I was filled with so much joy and comfort, I thought I was practically healed. But then the next day, yesterday, came. Yesterday at 8pm was the one week date of my precious Furball's passing. I miss my baby so very much! My husband had to return to work yesterday, leaving me home alone. That is when it really hit me that my sweet Furry is really gone. This house is so empty without him. Alone in this house yesterday, I could not believe just how empty, lonely, and sad this house has become. I am comforted in knowing that my dear sweet Furball is safe and happy in Heaven, the rainbow gives me such comfort and peace, but I am still hurting so very badly. I miss him so very much.

Today I have to return to work. I'm really dreading it. I work with a lot of people who do not even understand the bonds between people (marriage), let alone the bonds between a person and their baby. Some of the people I work with take great pleasure in hurting others who are already hurting. I just don't know how I can deal with these people today...

We created a tribute to our precious Furball. It can be viewed at http://www.in-memory-of-pets.com/per...e.asp?ID=40802 Words and pictures can never do him justice, but we did the best we could.

RIP, sweet Furball. Mommy and Daddy love you.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy,
That tribute was beautiful. It brought me to tears.
Also the story about the rainbow and your sign from Furball was just amazing. This was surely a sign from your baby that he has made it to heaven safely and that he is there watching over you. He knows how much you love him and he is still with you, loving you, and always will be. I know it's hard but try to find peace in knowing that.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you make it through today, and each day hereafter. It takes time, but the pain will become less and less and you will be ok.

I would also like to add to please not let your coworkers get to you. They could not possibly understand the love that they are missing

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy, your tribute to Furrball was beautiful
Through your words, I could feel the joy that your precious baby brought into your life. I know what you mean about working with people who could not understand that special bond. I feel sorry for them, for they are missing out on the most precious gift of life, LOVE
You loved your sweet Furball and you know how much he loved you. There is nothing more comforting in this life than that

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy that is a truly beautiful tribute to sweet Furball. I feel as though I know him properly now. Take good care.

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Amy, I just want to let you know that your tribute was beautiful, and bless you for doing what was terribly painful, but you knew was right. I just put my kitty down today because he had FIP, and cannot seem to quit bawling. I miss him so much already! I can feel your pain, honey, and don't ever let anyone make you feel stupid about it. There's nothing on Earth like the relationships we build with our furry friends, and there's nothing that can replace the hole that is left in times like these. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It gives me hope that someday I will wake up and feel not so sad inside.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bossinova, I am so, so sorry for your heavy loss. One day you will wake up and the pain will be less, but your kittie will always be in your heart and waiting at the bridge.

javajoy01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by loverly7

I thought it would be so much longer before I had to write these words. My dear sweet Furball has passed on. He had a stroke earlier today, then he got much worse. He lost all ability to move, even helped to stand he couldn't do it. We took him back to the emergency vet for a 2nd time today, and she gave us a few options. Option #1: we could give him a steroid to try to minimize further damage, and go home with him and some anti-seizure medication. Option #2: we could leave him hospitalized, but he might not make it, and we wouldn't be there for his passing. Option #3: we could help him cross peacefully into heaven. The vet said that he most
likely had either a brain tumor or clot, and that the chances of any form of recovery were very slim. An MRI or CAT scan would show what was happening, but even with that knowledge there would not be much they could do. She also said that it was highly likely he was going
to get much worse very quickly. She was shocked at how quickly he deteriorated in the few short hours between seeing him. His front and back legs were very stiff. He was not in any pain, but he would have been had we waited much longer. As much as we didn't want to make that choice, we had to help him pass peacefully.

Thank God that he didn't cry on the car ride to the vet's office. We had him wrapped in his favorite blanket, and he just layed there quietly. At the vet's office, we had time to say our goodbyes. We spent some time alone with him in the vet's office, since the vet
had another emergency to handle also. We used that time to say our goodbyes. Then she came in with the needle. We did not have a tranquilizer, and he didn't meow or cry out or anything. My husband kept petting him and talking to him, and I layed my head in front of his so I could stare into his eyes, so he would know I was there
with him, and I kept petting him and telling him how much I love him. Then he was gone. It was very peaceful. We took him home and buried him in the backyard. We buried him in the towel he would lay on when we brushed him. We put a little catnip toy of a blue mouse in there with him, as he would always give that mouse a kiss
whenever he played with it. In moving him from the blanket to the towel, I could see that it was just his shell remaining...my precious Furball was gone. Thank God he passed peacefully with his mommy and daddy with him. Thank God that we had him for just over 25 months. Thank God that he had a wonderful quality of life right
up until the those last few hours, and even in those final hours he was not in pain. Thank God that we learned 5 weeks ago when he was diagnosed with PKD and CRF and that we would be losing him...it gave us precious time to really give him the extra love he deserved.

I don't know how I can go on. My dear sweet Furball, my precious baby... I pray that he found his way safely to Heaven, and that he knows how very much we love him. I pray that he can forgive me the promise to him that I had to break; I had promised him when the time came to help him cross that it would be at home, with us. But today is a Sunday, and this couldn't wait. I don't know what I'll do when I wake up throughout the night, feeling behind my pillow and beside me for my baby, looking around the house for him in the middle of
the night, when I come in the house and wait for my greeting, when he rushes to the door so we can all sit on the back patio. What will I do without my Furball?

I have just one last favor to ask...could you please say a prayer for my wonderful Furball, that he makes it safely to Heaven, and that he knows how very much we love him. If any soul on this earth ever deserved Heaven, it's my Furball. So please pray for him.

Amy
I'm so sorry to hear about Furball, your words put tears to my eyes. I've lost many pets and understand just how your feeling. I know me and my little fur babies will be saying a prayer (or two!).