Fur-baby Sophia

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. :) I'm new.

My mother and I saved a stray kitten after it fell from underneath the back wheel of the car. She healed up nicely and has plenty of energy and eats and plays like a normal kitten. So grateful to now have a cat of my own. She's a blessing to have in my life. ♥

Thanks fur reading.

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Please share some photos of Sophia, either here or in the photo forums when you get a chance. So glad you found your fuzzy friend and saved her life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm still feeling a little awkward due to my double-post. I really love the idea of people coming together over the love of their cats. :) Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I can't wait to have more fur-babies in the future!!!

There are a handful of stray cats in my neighborhood. I feed them cat food because I care about stray animals in general, but I specifically love cats. A neighbor that is very close to my parents had a cat that loved being around me. He was hit with a car and killed. The strays in the neighborhood are likely his offspring because he wasn't fixed. It only now occurred to me that this is why I enjoy caring for these strays so much; Tom-Tom (that was his name) is gone and this is the only way I can have some sort of connection with him.

I never had my own cats before, but I have helped raised several kittens. To have my own kitten is a major blessing. Life isn't as fulfilling without someone or something to love.

maiku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm still feeling a little awkward due to my double-post. I really love the idea of people coming together over the love of their cats. :) Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I can't wait to have more fur-babies in the future!!!

There are a handful of stray cats in my neighborhood. I feed them cat food because I care about stray animals in general, but I specifically love cats. A neighbor that is very close to my parents had a cat that loved being around me. He was hit with a car and killed. The strays in the neighborhood are likely his offspring because he wasn't fixed. It only now occurred to me that this is why I enjoy caring for these strays so much; Tom-Tom (that was his name) is gone and this is the only way I can have some sort of connection with him.

I never had my own cats before, but I have helped raised several kittens. To have my own kitten is a major blessing. Life isn't as fulfilling without someone or something to love.
wow thats terrible=( thats why u should always keep a cat inside! or at least in a thing that a cat can go in to the outside and be safe a cat enclosure not sure what its called its like a tunnel. yes hope to see some pics=)

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Sophia!

And don’t feel bad about double posts, I do that all the time. I think once I had 5 in a row!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
007897F5-F947-4E55-80F0-927B387EB4BC.gif
CandieM and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
C48C2625-DAE3-48CB-BF62-0D17AFF8B51C.gif
to you and Sophia.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for rescuing this little kitty. Do post photos of her and hope that she is alright now.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still feeling a little awkward due to my double-post.
OH PLEASE DON'T! It happens all the time here...just laugh, say "OOPS!" and go on about your day. I've double posted more often that I want to think about!

BUT...Welcome to you and Sophia!

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay! :) Warm-fuzzies all around.

Keeping my pet indoors makes the most sense to me. Whether or not Tom-Tom was actually a stray that these neighbors fed and cared for, but didn't bother to keep in the house, I don't know. The best part about cats is that they are easily taught to urinating and defecating in a box. That's harder for dogs and there have been some close calls where our dogs ran off and away from the house. My parents are dog-people, but the past 5 years have taught me that I am actually a cat person. :p Cats are also very beautiful. I've always called them the supermodels of the animal kingdom.

KarenKat KarenKat , your tortie is so beautiful! I love her face!

Maybe in the future I will even feel like making videos of her :) and make some memories.

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
... Is there an edit button? I'm very anal. I saw a typo and it's bugging me, LOL. :p

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi welcome to TCS and congrats on your new family member Sophia. Hope to see some pictures soon. I checked in the support forum. You have to be a member for 5 days and have 20 posts before you have access to edit your posts. You can post to your post asking a moderator to edit things for you until you are able to do it yourself.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*lol*, Sophia untied one of my shoes while I was sitting at my PC desk. :p

CandieM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

It's rather hard to take photos of cats, it seems. They move around quite a lot. One day I'd love to learn how to take better photos of animals because cats ─ most animals are, I reckon ─ are very photogenic.

Enjoy. :)

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
awwww...she's adorable! Thanks for persisting and sharing this photo of her.

My neighbor and I used to cat-sit for each other. She always sent me cute pics of my (senior, very sedentary) cat Gwen when we were away, and it was great to know she was doing OK. When I sat for her (much younger, ball of energy) cat, I tried to do the same and wound up with multiple blurry pics of his tail as he ran away from the camera.