Funny Kitty Sounds, Normal?

Britney91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

We have a kitten who is about 6 to 7 months now. He makes these certain nose sounds that I was wondering is normal because I haven’t personally experienced them before with cats.

He seems to have no nose nor breathing problems, but when he is frustrated or something, like when he is looking at our other cat who he usually loves to scare or play with, or when he sees food he cant touch, he makes these sounds that almost sound like the sounds little children make when they really want something and its right infront of them but they arent allowed to have it haha. So hard to explain! Or when he is cleaning himself, he often also makes all these baby-ish sounds. I have never had a kitten before, is it normal for a kitten to make sounds that you can compare to the sounds that babies make? Those cute little sounds? I am wondering in case it might be a breathing or nose problem, but when he is running around like crazy, or sleeping or just sitting, there are no sounds or anything weird. Sometimes you can hear him make noises when sleeping but not always.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Britney91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats are capable of over 100 different vocalizations, so my guess is that your kitten’s noises are probably normal. Do they sound like the chirp or the trill in this video?

Fact: Cats make over 100 sounds - Catnipsum
Thank you for replying! The sounds he makes actually don't really sound like any of them. Well he does purr and try to miauw and all, but the sounds that I mean sound more like an actual baby:
I'm wondering if anyone else has experience baby-ish sounds in a cat. Haha, I must sound crazy!