Funny cat

berfrankie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello from Frankie's mommy.

She has been doing wonderful!  She is curious about everything now and hangs out with me alot!  This am I found something very amusing.

I was cleaning out her litter box while she had her breakfast.  In the litter I discovered a covered up cotton ball.  
 I know where she got it but what in the world.  Does anyone know what this behavior is all about?  This is a first for me.  

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never had a cat who buried anything but poop or pee in their box.  But I did have a friend whose cat buried toys.  She figured either he didn't like them or didn't want the other cats to have them!

Your kitty sounds like a pip!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We find toys in the litter boxes all the time at the shelter, and our last cat would frequently bury balls or toy mice there. Since they were usually his favorites, we figured he was using the box for "safe storage". I've seen some of the shelter cats drop their toys in the box when they've had to go in the middle of a game.

Some "drown" their toys in the water bowls, too. Mogli does it sometimes with his toy mice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

berfrankie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far she has done this only once.  Last night it was back to bringing the toy mice to bed for me.  I just love her.
Never know what tomorrow will bring!