Funny but Sad ... Be Very Afraid, They Walk Among Us!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I used to grab donut holes from Krispy Kreme for a monthly movie night with friends as a snack. One day we go through the drive thru and DH says, "We'd like 4 dozen donut holes please." and the person taking our order said, "I'm sorry, can you repeat that?" Dh does and she replies with, "I'm sorry, but we only have 24 or 48." DH and I looked at each other and then he says, "48 please."

When we go to pay and pick up our order, her coworker had tears in his eyes (from laughing) as he said, "I am so sorry! Guess she doesn't know that 4 dozen is 48."

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my co-workers said he was going to swim across Lake Winnebago (the largest lake in Wisconsin) this summer. He didn't know if there were any sharks in the lake? It was very hard to keep a straight face when informing him that sharks don't reside in freshwater lake or in Wisconsin!!

At work many people try to give me what they think is the correct amount so they don't receive so many $1 bills and change back. Many of them give me the wrong amount though. Also I have a few customers ask me daily if we accept expired coupons and then get upset when I tell them no!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I walked into a COLLEGE Bookstore and asked if they had a copy of DAVID COPPERFIELD. The clerk looked at me and asked."That's by Truman Capote, isn't it?"

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How would you pronounce this child's name? This child attends a school in Kansas City , Mo. Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong

"Le-a"

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.

It's pronounced "Ledasha", When the Mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said, "the dash don't be silent."
Unbelievable, but more than likely true.