Funniest Things Your Cats Do?

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I used to call Samwise the kangaroo kitty because he would get startled or start playing with Gandalf and jump straight up in the air. He is the jumpiest cat I've seen.

Gandalf on the other hand is interest in water. He sits on the edge of the bathtub when I take a bath and has to stand on the vanity when I have the water running the sink. I also wash my hair by bending over the side of the tub and he likes to climb on my back and watch. He used to just jump into the tub and keep backing up from the water until he couldn't any more. He's fallen into the bath tub and toilet both more than once. It's not very funny when it happens but afterward I nearly crack up everytime I think about it. Just the expression on his face alone it great. (Sometime I'll have to snap a picture of it.

Something else that both the boys do is climb up of office chair and hang off the side. I think they were mountain climbers in a previous life.

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, this thread is a scream!

Red Cat - When outside, comes to the glass slider meowing loudly to get in. When I come to the door he looks at me for a minute, then turns and runs. A bit like a kid who rings the doorbell and runs, I think. The first thing he does after coming in from outside (after demanding to be petted) is to go check to see that I have left the storage room door unlatched, so he can have a quick escape if anyone else should come. Guess we humans should be as cautious that emergency exits are never blocked when we enter a building, too.

Purdy - He is probably eight or nine years old. I got him as a stray. And he still chases his tail big time. At 4:30 a.m.! He also seems to chase and pounce on imaginary mice and jump in the air catching imaginary flies or hummingbirds. I always thought of those activities as being kitten behaviors, but he is still doing them, fat middle-aged boy that he is.

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Pepper sits on the back of the couch and licks the condensation off the windows! (And yes, he does always have lots of fresh water lol) He also lays under the couch on his back with all for paws gripping the underside of the cushions. He will just stay like that forever, not pulling or scratching, just hanging out with all his legs up!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He puts his paw on my face like "wake up" if I sleep late, not early but if I sleep late on weekends.

He stands RIGHT by the door when I take out trash or go out quicky cause he knows I will be back quickly and unsuspecting and then jumps over my feet to get out when I open the door

He follows me everywhere, no matter what I am doing.

He meows and meows to get out, and then sometimes will immediately turn around and want back in.

When I get home from work he rolls over and over like a dog

He doesn't carry things to weird places at all. He used to be really over dramatic about his litter box, but that has calmed down. I mean he would drag anything into it to cover up his stuff.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pearl has recently staked out a spot on the couch, and if someone is sitting in it, or not sitting correctly on the couch, she will poke the offender in the ribs with her nose until she gets what she wants. She will stay in that spot all day and watch TV.
Georgia will tap you on the shoulder with her paw to get your attention. She doesn't make a sound, she just taps. She will wave to you as you leave the room.
Pepper likes to give hugs. She hugs me. my s/o and any of the other cats that will let her. Pearl won't let her, but sometimes Pepper will sneak up on Pearl, give her a big hug, and run away.
Fred is so old and goofy, he is always doing silly stuff. Lately he has taken up residence in a box on top of the dryer. He dragged a towel in and has made himself comfortable. When he gets tired of that little retreat, he will take his towel and find another one. He lived in an upside down Harley fender for awhile, but I guess he got tired of getting greasy!
As long as he is comfortable, he can hang out most anywhere he wants. He gets really mad at me when I take his towel to wash it. He will sit and stare at me with what we refer to as the "Aqualung" stare, for those of you old enough to remember the Jethro Tull album by that name. It had that creepy guy on the cover.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, another thing my silly little Pepper does! We had been wondering what was happening to our bread, it kept getting squashed in the middle. I caught Pepper in the bread basket kneading right in the middle of the loaf. I guess that solves that little mystery!

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sphinx runs like a thoroughbred after he uses his litter box. But we get

Kuce takes her favorite toys and drags them around the house until she finds someone to play with her. She also hides in the cupboards and tries to scare us.

Neither has done the 'drop the toys and mice in the water or food dishes' yet.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a direct relationship between the amount of food in the bowl and how many balls are in the bowl. I think Trent tries to fill it up himself.
They used to put balls into the water bowls, but then they couldn't get them out and playing with the wet balls after I got them out apparently wasn't much fun.

Trent likes being held like a baby for snuggles, and when he naps in the snuggle position, he will make me put my hand on his tummy. He will wiggle and wiggle and move my hand to the right place with his legs until it is right on his tummy and then fall asleep!

Ophelia narcs on Trent, even if he didn't really do anything wrong. She will start it, but when he starts playing back she'll scream like he's killing her. It took a while but Daddy finally figured it out after he saw it from start to scream.
Oh, and she bulldozes her way into snuggling with Trent.