Fun Weekend. Right.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
DH has had a "cold" since last Saturday.

I've had a "cold" since Monday. I had to be at work very early this morning, and had hardly any sleep because of the coughing. And let's not forget the vomiting episode around 3:00 AM. And when the sugar-free cough drops state that they may cause some, uh, intestinal issues, they aren't joking.

And I think that our "colds" are really bronchitis. I need to plant the hummingbird garden in order to attract them very soon. I tried going to Home Depot after work to buy plants, but left after 5 minutes because I felt weak.

Yes, the weekend promises to be a blast! Maybe I should re-phrase that...:lol:

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
See a doctor. There's prescription cough syrup that can knock a cough dead.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh no! I do hope you feel better soon. Even if you are late planting the Hummingbird garden, they should still find it.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Be careful with those colds. I had it back at the beginning of the year and coughed my head off for a good six weeks. I could not stop coughing. It was going around our work building. When my boss caught it, he coughed so badly he had a hernia and needed surgery.

I'm sure the winged kids will find your garden when you get it planted. You take care!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
See a doctor.
I echo your sentiments. I've had bronchitis and it's not fun. Since it's an inflammation of the bronchi in the lungs you don't want to take any chances. If you think DH and you may have it please see your doctor. Get well wishes being sent your way. :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Started to feel better yesterday, but made the mistake of spending nine hours decluttering, sorting, moving furniture and cleaning my club's auxiliary office (I was elected President last week). The place hasn't been decluttered or organized in about 20 years, since the group started (and the last President, who has been Prez most of that time, is a borderline hoarder). Then, late yesterday, my bronchitis got worse--the cough is slightly better (I no longer sound like an electric stapler, now, it's more like a pig squealing), but now my nose is so stuffed up. Went through 1 1/2 big boxes of tissues today. DH is a lot better, but still a bit tired. I have so much to do ; I just want to feel better!

Bonus: I must be losing weight, since I don't want to eat! :hyper:

Madam President needs to get better FAST! (I'm relishing the title while I can, darn it! I need something to cling to! LOL)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
(I no longer sound like an electric stapler, now, it's more like a pig squealing) LOL)
At least you don't sound like a foghorn. That's what I sounded like with bronchitis.
You'll have to let us know what you've accomplished after your first 100 days in office! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
You and I could hire ourselves out for parties, though I don't see much of a need for an electric stapler sound effect.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh please see a doctor. He or she can get you an inhaler that will make it easier for you to breathe. That will reduce the cough some. If you continue to cough and it gets worse, you must see a doctor because bronchitis can develop into pneumonia. Believe me, that's no fun. I had a cold turn into pneumonia and it took me five months to get well.