Fun vs. Effort

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm.... let's see....  I guess it's just the usual "If you don't cut it out!"  "No it's NOT time to eat" "stop that!" "get down!" type of scolding.  I'll check in the next time I catch myself; I know there are better ones than that.  None of them are very good at picking up toys. 
  The kids are easier to motivate; I'll give them that.  I'm pretty sure they all get underfoot at some point during the day.  Usually while begging for food.  As if they don't get fed enough.  All beg for treats.
  DD is a good eater and DS is getting better all the time.  DD can chow down on some veggies and insists on having salads with DH and I almost every night.   I may have told DD to go to the litter box before.  DS isn't potty trained yet; he's a tad young for it.  I cannot wait to be a diaper free house!!  I may throw a party for MYSELF!!
Wow....I did not realize the extent of your ...ahh..."condition".....lol    I am so hoping you only refer to your kid's pediatrician....whille at home....not at his office....lol.....and not while talking to anyone but family.....

The other stuff....talking to the kids as cats and vice versa....seems to be okay....suddenly....lol.   ohhh....those cats must be somewhat confused....if you take them to a pediatrician?  

lol....Yes, it seems like great "science".   So @NYCats....what is your take then?  ARE  cats, dogs, horses, dragons.....more fun than goldfish and turtles?  
   In your opinion, I mean.?
I do think the fun factor increases with size. Interacting with something more substantial in size is definitely more satisfying. You can even ride on horses and dragons.
You had me all the way @NYCats....until you mentioned...."dragons"....lol.....

I thought you were into science?   Maybe the voice of reason, here....lol.   not anymore.  But the increasing in size is totally scientific.  So you can still be redeemed.

Hi @Fhi09  just wondering if you know of anyone, who owns a "dragon" as a pet??  
  lol.
Yes. This lady, Danaerys Tagaryen. I have her cell number. PM if you want. 
lol....ahhh....no thanks.....I'll go and find a cave to live in now....since those dragons look scary....

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
So would you say that playing Fetch.....is more FUN....or more...EFFORT? with your cat Mouse?

Its a trick question, so be careful?
Trick question???   You know I can't resist questions @cat nap, so that is not fair. 

When he was a youngster he was all enthusiastic about toys so I could make virtually no effort for lots of fun by throwing toys, and Mouse would make lots of effort and have lots of fun leaping and running off after the toys and bringing them back to me - dropping them on the floor or bed covers for me to throw them again.....  I used to use it to tire him out at bed time. I could curl up, chuck the toys he liked in to the hall from my cozy position, and he'd leap off the bed, tank off after them then bring them back and drop on the cover for me to throw again.   Very good game until he got wise to how hard he was working bringing them all back.  I took more toys to bed so I could throw him one after another after that.  
Ahh....it wasn't really a "trick"....it all depended upon the answer and how YOU saw it.

So I would definitely say....Mouse is all FUN....no effort or very little effort....since you still have to participate.

Good Exercise, our cats get us to do.   I guess they watch out for their owner's health....and know when to stop.

Um...Rapid-fire-throwing of toys....is just a fun visual, right now...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Wow....I did not realize the extent of your ...ahh..."condition".....lol    I am so hoping you only refer to your kid's pediatrician....whille at home....not at his office....lol.....and not while talking to anyone but family.....

The other stuff....talking to the kids as cats and vice versa....seems to be okay....suddenly....lol.   ohhh....those cats must be somewhat confused....if you take them to a pediatrician?  
So far never at her office but my mother and friends have heard it. 
And so far I've never driven the wrong critters to the wrong place.