fun in the car

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by airprincess
Kev, if you really do have a sister in law, I hope she doesn't find this site. All jokes aside she would probably be devasted to read your posts about her, if she does indeed have a weight problem.

I have found your posts to be lighthearted and fun, but the ones about your sister in law just made me sad. Maybe I'm just too sensitive but I personally know many folks who battle their weight, and I have to be very pro-active about my own. I find making fun of overweight people to be one of the last acceptable forms of cruelty and I would hope that anyone who posts here would consider it a 'safe' place, away from the mocking of others.
-
I really do have a sister in law - came with being married to the other sister I guess. As far as her reading the site and my comments - she is a social leprophyte who has worked very little, bad mouths me and her sister (my wife)100 percent, gets everything possible from the social and has little or no intention of working. She believes that the world owes her a living - its does not - the world was here first! She has a mouth like - well I leave it there but lets put it that way - she is not nor ever will be on your party list.

I have never mentioned in my post - weight - she is a very tall person to be factual that carries a few lbs but then again, I weigh more and I am the first person to take the michael out of myself for anything and everything. If you cant laugh at yourself - whats the point ???? I have racked weight up this last week following surgery and knowing I cant do nothing about it for a month does not make me happy at all. I never make fun of someone that is overweight - however, it is something that can be dealt with nor would I make comments about someones affliction- whatever it may be. I have a 60 year old relative in hospital dying of lung cancer at this moment - caused throught 40 years of working on building sites and with asbestos - he carries a few lbs and we do everything to laugh it off and laugh at it - for as long as he has left and is smiling - its worth it - - However, if I offended you in any way - then accept my sincere apologies and wil close the subject there.

Kev
Placing tail between legs and off in a corner to lick my wounds

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kev,

I'm all about laughing at myself with others. The reason your post struck me as unkind was because she isn't here to laugh with us about her extra weight. I personally would be devastated to know I was the butt of fat jokes on some internet sites by a family member, hell by anyone, but especially a family member. If she were here and trading insults and jokes with you, it would be an entirely different matter.

Your sister in law may very well be an awful person, but that wasn't info I knew when I read your post so I just felt bad for her.

There was another post here where one of our members vented about her sister, and said things probably worse than what you did, but it came off as sincere hurt and anger and not mocking and cruel, so it didn't hit me in the same cavalier way that your post did. I have nothing against people venting here, complaining about others, I think that can be very therapeutic.

It wouldn't be acceptable on this board to make fun of someone because of their race or religion for example, but making fun of fat people is okay. That's what I meant when I said it's the last acceptable form of cruelty.

no need to apoligize, I just wanted to explain where I was coming from. I think you are a very nice person and I enjoy what you contribute here.