Fruity Names

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I wouldn't give a child any of those names, although I think Peaches is the best of the bunch.

I am someone who has been cursed with an unusual or odd name. I know there are other Hope's out there, but still it's not a common name. All of my life I have been teased about my name. (One wonder's why I use it on the message boards). I have been called: Hopeless, Hope the Dope, Hopey Dopey....you name it. I even remember when one kid at school thought my name was Ho (like Santa's Ho Ho Ho). She just couldn't believe my name was Hope. When I corrected her, she said, "Wow! I always thought you're name was Ho Packer, instead of Hope Hacker". Not only that, on the first day of school each year, when he had to stand up and introduce ourselves to the new teacher. The other kids in the class would laugh at my name. Having an odd name can really do alot to tear down a person's self esteem.

My Mother also did that thing where the initials spelled out a word. My name is Hope Ann Hacker HAH! Not only am I a "verb", I'm a joke!
I love the name Hope! I don't think it's an unusual name at all!

I'm having a hard time imagining myself as an old lady called "Tammie." Tammie just isn't an old lady name.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Actually, I think the worst name I ever knew was a girl I knew in high school. Her name was Mary, which isn't bad.....except that her last name was Christmas.
My sister had a friend in high school and her name was "Merry Christmas."

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was for cats, so I chose Peaches because we once had a cat called Peachy cheeks. I love the name Blue.... If I ever did have a child(never) I'd love to call her/him Blue for some reason. I love unique names, like Hope.