Frozen Dinners?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Frozen dinners are a truly once-in-a-blue-moon thing for us. Basically we don't, but very occasionally there's a time when the choice is between picking up something of the sort, on the run, to stick in the microwave, and then inhale -- or going without food for much longer than would be wise. In that case, I might get something Stouffers. They do reasonably well. But I don't buy them otherwise.

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I buy the Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones and Healthy Choice meals for my dinners at work. Unfortunately, the variety of veg-appropriate ones is limited and the ones that do lack meat are usually pretty starchy. (Pasta instead of vegetables.)

I need to put the "veg" back in vegetarian and quit eating so much starch.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe because I've never cooked Lasagne from scratch myself, I often have frozen vegetarian lasagne. I LOVE Boca Burger's meatless Lasagne, but that stuff is insanely expensive! I've recently started eating Trader Joe's spinach lasagne, and that stuff if great!

You know, neokakassan, I don't think veg. lasagne has any more starch than meat lasagne (of course, it still has plenty of starch).

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
when im trying to lose weight (like now), i LIVE on frozen dinners, mostly cos they taste decent and have a fixed calorie amount, so i dont need to do portion calculating. lean cuisine ones are almost always good. The best one ever is a tossup between Healthy Choice's turkey dinner (turkey, gravy, stuffing, veggies, ANDa cranberry dessert!), and Weight WAtchers Smart Ones chicken enchiladas (two chicken enchiladas SMOTHERED in cheese sauce, with spanish rice-and its actually spicy!). the lean cuisine sesame chicken is good too.

scuffy&samantha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't like frozen dinners at all! My husband is to lazy to cook, he just eat tv dinner when I am gone, but I don't leave to often.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Oh, like the Marie Callendar ones too! But I try and avoid the frozen dinners because of all the preservatives and such.
If you like Italian, try MichaelAngelos! The veggie lasagna, (4 or) 5 cheese lasagna, and Eggplant Parmesan are wonderful. I don't eat meat, so I don't know about the rest, but I was so impressed with the natural ingredients in the first one I tried (veggie lasagna) that I called the company to compliment them. They sent me a bunch of coupons for FREE entrees!