Frost

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We went up to the garden and covered our strawberry plants last night....and I'm so glad we did. It wasn't a hard frost, but we definitely got frosted. I went out this morning and removed the tarps from the plants. They look OK.

Rick rototilled the garden out yesterday and we'll start planting this weekend. We'll probably hit our favorite local nursery for some of their seedlings and such, too.

Even now it's only 33 degrees F. (And the AC is turned on at work.....and they wonder why I wear turtlenecks AND sweatshirts to work!
)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That IS cold :cold: I will send some heat your way. We are going to be in the upper 80's for a couple of days. :sweat:

I just love going to the nursery's this time of year. Enjoy and be sure to post some pictures of your lovely yard!!!! ;)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I hear you! I had to bring a lot of things in and cover up others. It was definitely on the cooler side, but apparently the threat of frost has passed. I really hope it has because I put everything blackout. :lol3:

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even now it's only 33 degrees F. (And the AC is turned on at work.....and they wonder why I wear turtlenecks AND sweatshirts to work!
)
The weather has been so strange everywhere this spring. Actually in Minnesota there hasn't even been any spring.   About a week ago, I had to wear my lighter weight winter coat when I walked to work early one morning.  And the very next day we had a high of 97 degrees!  That's something like a 60 degree temperature difference in a very short time!!!!!!!!!
  After that the temperature went down to the 70's which is more normal for us this time of the year.