Frontline Plus

junebugd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had experience with Frontline Plus not working on their cat? I applied it last Friday around noon, and it has not begun to kill fleas. What else can I do? I hope I don't have to wait 30 days to try something else.

Thanks,
junebugd

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had that experience with Frontline Plus, but there are some things you can do that don't need to wait 30 days.

One option is to get Capstar. This is a pill that will kill all adult fleas on a pet. You can get it from a vet.

I've also used a natural flea killing product called Natural Chemistry De Flea. This is a spray that kills fleas by disrupting the wax coating (according to the product label). If you use this you need to spray the cat completely because it only kills the fleas it actually comes in contact with. I used the Pet and Area Spray version which is nice because it can also be used on pet bedding, rugs, furniture etc... We used it on some rescued kittens and it worked great. They also make a shampoo version I think.

If you are finding fleas on your pet, another thing to consider is possibly the Frontline is working but the fleas may be living in your pet's bedding, carpets etc so the Frontline may be killing fleas on your cat but then more fleas are hopping on... If that is the case you will need to treat the area as well as the cat to get rid of the fleas in the environment.

aleicia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When you use frontline or advantage, you should also treat your home and even your garden and/or lawn if your cat spends time there. Check with your vet, but a combination of the frontline to treat your cat and the flea powder to treat all the areas in your home where the fleas may be living, like your cat's favorite sleeping areas, the powder dehydrates the fleas which kills them. Advantage works pretty good, it's similar to Frontline, so it should work well to. You should start treating your home and then see if there's any difference.