Frontline for about $2 per application

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rina_Marie

So when we got our first cat, we called the Frontline company to find out whether the cat formula was the same as the dog formula. They let us know that it is the same (only packaged differently), and also told us how much of it to use on a cat.
i dont know about regular frontline but i just checked both frontline plus formulas and they are not the same. i dont know if this makes a difference but frontline plus for dogs contains 9.8 percent fipronil and 8.8 percent (S)-methoprene. the frontline plust for cats contains the same amount of fipronil but 11.8 percent (S)-methoprene.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I spoke to my vet about Flea Control, she said that unless my cats had fleas its better not todose them with a chemical as a preventative. My daughters cat has fleas and she uses Frontline. I'm scared that my daughter can carry fleas into my house and cats. What do you think, Frontline/Advantage as a preventative when fleas are not present?

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by deljo

When I spoke to my vet about Flea Control, she said that unless my cats had fleas its better not todose them with a chemical as a preventative. My daughters cat has fleas and she uses Frontline. I'm scared that my daughter can carry fleas into my house and cats. What do you think, Frontline/Advantage as a preventative when fleas are not present?
I agree with your vet. I don't like to treat mine, unless I see any fleas. If I find even one flea on any of them...then I treat them all. But no fleas, no treatment. I usually use Advantage. In times when that has happened, I followed up the next month but that's it...I never had a problem with them returning. I do try to "inspect" fairly often during flea season...parting their hair and looking, and combing with the flea comb to see if I find any evidence.

jaycee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by deljo

its possible. my ex-husbands home is badly infested with fleas. when my daughters visit him, they always bring fleas hime. but his house is really infested.