Frontline combo question

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello , every time I put the spot on pipette on my cat , even though I put it only in one spot on the skin, it becomes like this...

My question is , it's normal ? Did I put it the right way? And does it still work or it will lose some effect?

Thank you for those who will answer ❤
IMG_20230730_190218.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are you using a comb, or something similar, to part the hair - at least an inch long (depending on the amount in the pipette) - and then try to apply as much as possible directly on the skin in the part? It isn't the easiest task, IMO, but would probably not appear as obvious as your pic. I get a similar, but not quite as drastic 'wet' area on my cat. It takes nearly 24 hours to dry - I am using Advantage II, but I assume Frontline takes a while to dry too.

Some people will make small parts in a couple-three locations and apply a bit to each area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are you using a comb, or something similar, to part the hair - at least an inch long (depending on the amount in the pipette) - and then try to apply as much as possible directly on the skin in the part? It isn't the easiest task, IMO, but would probably not appear as obvious as your pic. I get a similar, but not quite as drastic 'wet' area on my cat. It takes nearly 24 hours to dry - I am using Advantage II, but I assume Frontline takes a while to dry too.

Some people will make small parts in a couple-three locations and apply a bit to each area.
I use my hand to part it in this way👌 and my cat is really calm so it's not a difficult task .
I apply it directly on the skin in one point only ( the instructions say so ) but then it becomes a mess 1-2 minutes after... I wanted to know if it's normal or I'm doing something wrong with it 😬🙈

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I personally think that the part/hair separation isn't big/long enough to handle/absorb all of the topical, and so it seeps out onto the area around application. That is just based on what happens to me, but on a lesser scale than what you are experiencing. Maybe it doesn't matter in the long run.

I hope others can come along and let you know what happens when they apply topicals to their cats.

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally think that the part/hair separation isn't big/long enough to handle/absorb all of the topical, and so it seeps out onto the area around application. That is just based on what happens to me, but on a lesser scale than what you are experiencing. Maybe it doesn't matter in the long run.

I hope others can come along and let you know what happens when they apply topicals to their cats.
Maybe you are right, because his hair are super thick and short(during summer) 🥲

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there a phone or website on the packaging, so that you could contact the manufacturer?
I think there's nothing wrong with it, I bought it on Amazon and the reviews are alright , I think I'm putting it the wrong way 😓😓😓