From your childhood.....

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my yes, and teasing your hair so high, putting on hot pants, gogo boots and going out- also at camp snipe hunts- do they still do that?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Oh my yes, and teasing your hair so high, putting on hot pants, gogo boots and going out- also at camp snipe hunts- do they still do that?
I don't know, MA.......did you ever get taken snipe hunting?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of Franz

Very true, however in my neighborhood, they had to be properly scuffed, pristine saddle shoes were not allowed.

Does anyone remember white lipstick. It was during the mid to late sixties, when the English "Mod" look was all the rage. Everyone bought Yardley makeup. We, meaning my sister and I and our friends were considered too young to wear or buy lipstick so we painted our lips with Noxema skin cream, we THOUGHT we really looked groovey with white lips AND our white Go-Go Boots!
My cousin and I wore white lipstick and her dad's black turtleneck shirts AS MINI DRESSES!

A little bit later on, remember air guitar contests?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes - Clackers and Skip It (even though I didn't know that was what it was called) - I remember those.

I remember the Alpine man coming - he sold fizzy pop in bottles (that was about the only time we got it). We still get the milkman and the postman come to our door so no distant memory there. But....in the village we did have the mobile shop come round to the houses as well - a lorry that was like a little convenience store. We still have one in our town as well as the mobile fishmonger and the butcher.

I remember summer nights sitting up talking with my dad til the small hours of the morning whilst we caught moths in the back garden (dad counted them and let them go or kept them and bred from them before releasing them). Then my mother would wake up and I'd get into trouble for staying up late (it used to be the school holidays). Dad and me would sit and laugh before he'd say - "you'd better go to bed now then - that was a good talk". Then we'd do it all over again the next night.