Frog Legs...Anyone ever cook them before?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bijou's Mom

Well, I've never tried frogs legs, but I belong to this site http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Caramel...gs/Detail.aspx and this recipe didn't sound hard, there weren't a ton of ingredients, and it rated high for tasting good.
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

I've eaten frogs legs, and enjoyed them, but it's long enough ago that I don't remember how they were prepared. I certainly haven't cooked them myself, though if the opportunity presented itself, I would love to do them. Let us know what you did and how they turned out.
I used the recipe from Bijou's Mom and it was WONDERFUL!!!
It's a very easy recipe and the taste is fantastic! It's a sauce that I would love to use on other types of food! The only thing is that I think that recipe doesn't include cooking the thigh part of the frog because it took me about 5 minutes per side rather than 2-3 like the recipe calls for.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I cant read this. I have had frogs as pets, can't eat them. I can't even eat croc, breaded and fried, makes me shudder. I guess that is also why I don't eat cow or pig.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

The only thing is that I think that recipe doesn't include cooking the thigh part of the frog because it took me about 5 minutes per side rather than 2-3 like the recipe calls for.
the last time i had frog legs [been years!] we went hunting for them [a group of us] & didn't get a whole lot, so we cooked the legs, arms & backs. the arms & backs don't have nearly as much meat on them as the legs.
[we were teenagers at the time, BTW].