Frodo is back alive!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes indeed, and now I am PRAYING my heart out that Siamese Rescue can
step up and make room for him. Yesterday while on pain meds I picked him up MULTIPLE times!! He didn't even worry about it!!! Stunned.

He is so lucky. NO Broken bones, NO issues - 2 small teeth in lower front
jaw chipped. 1 infected eye... lots of blood draining from sinus... (hemmoraging like a nose bleed there). No ruptured bladder.

He will be fine with rest and pain meds. He doesn't even WANT to stay in!!

He wants back out??!!!!! Silly boy.

V. relieved. NOw if you all will send vibes for getting him into Siamese Rescue to place him in a wonderful forever fur home with a loving gentle fur brother/sister to keep company with INDOORS only, I'd be flipping over
the moon with joy! Or getting my grey intruder with FIV placed in a single cat home, to be spoilt and babied would also be good...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by opilot

I had to get animal control to come and catch frodo as he went under bed and I could not get him.
I had a sick semi-feral cat that did that to me once. I actually closed the door to the room then lifted the mattresses off the frame to get to him. Then put him in the carrier which he was terrified of. That was the first time that I got him into a carrier inside the house without using a live trap. OK, the first time I got him into a carrier without being scarred.

I'm so glad that Frodo's injuries were not as bad as you feared. Sending that Siamese Rescue can find this baby a home!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soooo happy to hear that Frodo's back, and wasn't hurt too badly!

Heal quickly, Frodo! And no more outside adventures!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What wonderful news! I'm so glad he's going to be okay!

I didn't want to tell you this before, but... my first cat when I was 8 years old was Whizzie, named after a cat my mother'd had when she was a kid. Little grey tabby, sweetest little girl. But my parents were raised to believe animals should live outdoors, so Whizzie lived in our breezeway (a covered patio between the house and the garage) and was let into the garage overnight.

One day while I was at Girl Scout camp, my mother backed out of the garage and thought she felt something... and later, Whizzie didn't come to be fed... so my father went searching and found her in the grassy side yard, where she had lain down to die from internal injuries. My mom still gets upset when she thinks of it... and I never went away to camp again.

I'm so glad Frodo's story has a happier ending! Many vibes for finding that boy a good safe INDOOR home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all who cared to write and send vibes. Mr. Frodo continues fine - and has I hope learned to AVOID cars! He does want out at night alot, and I usually DO NOT let him, as I think he might be... under a car!

I have let him out in the day time though. He has also gotten a little bit friendlier I think, I can lift by the belly some, not too high or long, but enough to move him, and I can also let my hand closer to his face BEFORE he
begins to flinch. Also, the vet came for Diablo's visit, and he ran away and
hid, but then wandered pretty close to us, SO he seems to be a bit less skittish of people in the house....

He almost always appears when I call if he is nearby - a good thing!
He has gotten quite relaxed I reckon.

Send prayers and vibes he gets even tamer - a little bit more of this
progress to thinking people aren't bad and *craving* attention would
be great1 (He really loves his pets, sometimes he presents him self for them, and then he actually PURRS after a bit. So wonderful to feel him purring).

There maybe a home for Grey Intruder too, so all please pray/send vibes for that to work out? I would so adore that! He is a great kitty he needs someone who can give him attention, meds and love for as long as he has
to live. Being FIV positive, that could be longer or shorter, but still... he does deserve it. Not living hand to mouth and so hungry he is coming into my house to eat, sheltering in sewers and under cars...or in my "shelter" box
I put out for him...

siobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So glad this has a good outcome and he has vet care!!! Accidents happen - hopefully, he-'' stay inside now where it is safe (not that it is your fault, it is just hat the outdoors is a dangerous place for cats these days!) . I hope his radiology work is good and he heals well!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending taming & healing vibes for Frodo
And mega-homing vibes for them both, that they are settled in with new, wonderful families before the winter hits