Friskies Wet Cat Food & Blue Dry food😓😓😓

Spirits Blue

My Baby Blue
Kitten
Purraise
My poor Baby Blue has had 2 uti's in the past 4 months. Dealing with one currently. Coming here and doing the studying about her condition has really paid off. Both Brands are noted for this condition. Thankyou so much to all that have gone through this. It's so Heart Wrenching to see my fur baby I'll. I've been giving her Liquid Vet Kidney and Bladder Max Cranberry. Salmon flavor to Get this cleared up. It's stopped her bleeding and tomorrow it's a visit to the Vet for an antibiotic shot. Need to run to the store and Get her some more wet food. Blessings and Peace to All. ✌🌹🌹🌹

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No supplement will get rid of a UTI - as you obviously know because you are going to the vet for an antibiotic. I would suggest that beyond a urinalysis that you also have a urine culture done to see what kind of bacteria is involved. That will help to identify the most effective antibiotic to treat the UTI. A recurrence like you are talking about might be because any antibiotic that has been used in the past is not the correct one, so while it can help to reduce an infection, it may not entirely eradicate it.

Pure D-Mannose would probably be as effective, if not more than, the supplements you are currently giving your cat. It is a powder that can easily be added to canned food. It is derived from cranberries but is different in how it works. I use 1/4 tsp of it daily for my cat. It works to rid the bladder of a number of different bacteria.

Visible blood in the urine is often associated with stones/crystals. Sometimes the blood will stop if crystals/stones that have irritated your cat's bladder have passed through her urine - which, btw, can be painful. Ask your vet about this aspect too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spirits Blue

My Baby Blue
Kitten
Purraise
No supplement will get rid of a UTI - as you obviously know because you are going to the vet for an antibiotic. I would suggest that beyond a urinalysis that you also have a urine culture done to see what kind of bacteria is involved. That will help to identify the most effective antibiotic to treat the UTI. A recurrence like you are talking about might be because any antibiotic that has been used in the past is not the correct one, so while it can help to reduce an infection, it may not entirely eradicate it.

Pure D-Mannose would probably be as effective, if not more than, the supplements you are currently giving your cat. It is a powder that can easily be added to canned food. It is derived from cranberries but is different in how it works. I use 1/4 tsp of it daily for my cat. It works to rid the bladder of a number of different bacteria.

Visible blood in the urine is often associated with stones/crystals. Sometimes the blood will stop if crystals/stones that have irritated your cat's bladder have passed through her urine - which, btw, can be painful. Ask your vet about this aspect too.
Thankyou so much. I will present that to the Vet. And also while I'm here can you suggest a wet cat food that isn't too pricey. She's very picky. I've tossed so many cans of food due to her not eating it. 😕😊Thankyou again for Your knowledge. I will check into the cranberry you suggested. 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spirits Blue

My Baby Blue
Kitten
Purraise

I'm Sorry But which Brand a Pure D Mannose do you use? Ty

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise