Friskies Canned

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my cats  love the friskies pate. for dry food i feed them evolve. so far they are happy healthy cats and there has been no problems.

crocky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm no food expert by any means - some folks around here know quite a bit about it, but I'm not one of them - I just have real world experience.

For whatever it's worth, my girlcat was diagnosed with early (barely there) kidney disease 5 years ago. I switched both cats to canned only. they wouldn't eat the prescription kidney food, and wanted no part of the high-end canned brands.

Enter Friskies. They ate nothing but Friskies canned for years - the boy lived happily until 18 when cancer got him. He slowly lost weight the last few years of his life (he was enormous) and I attribute it to the canned diet. He never had any digestive problems and Friskies was his brand.

The girlcat is still at 18, she lived on nothing but Friskies canned (also snubbed high-end food), and even though the vet was pushing for "low protein" - since I was in a bind, I figured the canned was giving her more moisture, and even the lower end canned was better for a CKD cat than kibble (but that's just my opinion). Her CKD remained stable with no treatments for 5 years, until recently she has been having problems - but I don't see them as food related, she has other issues going on. Now, I'm trying to get her to eat certain canned for other reasons... but both mine were perfectly happy and healthy on Friskies for years. She still gets Friskies on fussy days, I don't sweat it.

Just my $.02. good luck!

Oh, and my girl had a problem with anything with beef in it - she would upchuck it. Until lately. But that could just be her.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to feed friskies as a treat occasionally but the bad reviews worried me and I avoid it like the plague now. Its kinda scary reading what people have to say about it, but maybe they just need someone to blame for their pets getting sick so they blamed the food.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/ralston.html

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There are only two Friskies flavors that we use around here.  Both are pate; Poultry Platter and Cat Concoctions Salmon & Chicken Liver.

Poultry Platter's first ingredient is turkey meat.  Both formulas contain no corn, no wheat and no soy.