Frightened Cat

Urfa_adeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys, I would love some advice.We got a cat from a family through a third party when he was 1 year old. We don't know much about his previous life except that when he came to us his fur was shorter than a tabby cat(he is a Persian, it was a really bad haircut). But he was super affectionate and settled in wonderfully. He pretty much owns the house and is a part of the family. In October we will have had him for a year. However yesterday, he got scared by our hair removal machine and he hasn't been the same since. He is frightened and jumpy. He will let us touch him a little but then suddenly jump away in fear. All the places in house he would previously lounge about in, he's weary and scared of now. Please tell me a solution for this, I'm so worried about him. I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it. I hate seeing my baby go through this.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! You can play some low volume classical music, sit on the floor and read poetry to him, and mostly just give him time to regain his confidence.

Don't try to pet him or pick him up, let him make the choice as to when he feels emotionally strong enough to approach you.

Time will be his friend, don't pressure or rush him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Urfa_adeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I will definitely try that. Thank you so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Urfa_adeel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Leo(my cat) was running a fever and we took him to the vet. Turns out he had some acidity and is on injectable. But he is doing so much better now, he is his old self again. Jumping around and meowing for lots of affection His fever has also broken and the vet says he'll be fine in a day or two. He is otherwise healthy. He is still a little weary of eating so we're feeding him yoghurt through a syringe. Between you and me, I think he's just enjoying us fondling him