friend's kittens is dire need of help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Just wondering if you had any updates on the mum and her babies.
no I haven't talked with him since the other day. He said he was going to get more KMR. I hope he did. If I hear anything i'll update though.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, four of them are doing wonderful but the only little girl in the litter probably won't make it. She's throwing her head back and flipping over and disoriented. I think because the other ones are getting stronger she was not able to get a nipple so she hasn't been able to nurse at all. I told my friend to bottle feed her every couple of hours.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard this happen a lot on my raw food board. Sounds like an inner ear infection or URI thats affecting her equilibrium. Of course lack of nutrition could be it too or weaking her immune system which are always pretty fragile at that stage.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I've heard this happen a lot on my raw food board. Sounds like an inner ear infection or URI thats affecting her equilibrium. Of course lack of nutrition could be it too or weaking her immune system which are always pretty fragile at that stage.
Im glad you mentioned that. Yes the kittens do have URI's but not too bad. He said her eyes were claer but I might just call him and let him know that it could be that making her dizzy.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Inner ear infections are treatable and usually the kittens recover. Usually they can eat if they are isolated without "competition". They sort of stand on their heads to eat (because they can't tell which end is up, poor things), and have to be given water with a syringe because they can't really drink. Have him try giving her chicken baby food in a very small, flat dish.

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by semiferal

Inner ear infections are treatable and usually the kittens recover. Usually they can eat if they are isolated without "competition". They sort of stand on their heads to eat (because they can't tell which end is up, poor things), and have to be given water with a syringe because they can't really drink. Have him try giving her chicken baby food in a very small, flat dish.
He's tried the baby food but she wont eat from a dish. Now he's mixing the baby food and KMR together and she's taking it from a syringe.