friends eating problem! =[

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kipper3972

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
shouldn't I encourage her to eat breakfast.. or not?
with the whole eating disorder thing you are sugesting she doesnt have any other symptoms and it came on suddenly. But she actually gets upset that she can't eat cos she says she wants to eat ehr easter eggs
and i can tell she is telling the truth because she goes pale after eating food. should i encourage her to eat more.. or just leave it and take her to the doctors? I am so confused

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kipper3972

she does have partically heavy period and bad stomach cramps. It is early in the morning 5 hours sleep and I am feeling exhausted. My daughter is in bed and i told her to get dressed and ready to go to the docs. I hace a feeling this is going to be difficult

thankyou to everyone x
let her try to eat, if she wants something. but
go go go, that is what she needs right now.
do what you need , to get her to see doc.
I wish you the best of luck today,

kipper3972

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i went up and shouted for her to get up quickly and put some clothes on but she is taller than me and i cant physically drag her. and it is just me and her in the house. Is this problem really that serious to call the paramedics? or maybe just NHS direct for some advice..

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from what i was reading, no,
but she does need to see a doctor soon, to find out why this is happing to her.

i dont know what NHS is. but i do know that what is happing is not normal or healtly for her.

kipper3972

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nhs direct is the main hospital service telephone call center. you ring up to find out if the problem needs serious medical attention or if it needs just a trip to the GP. She still isnt getting up and I have shouted at her numerous times, if she was 11 again i could just pick her up and drag her out the door but I can't. She doesn't understand she NEEDS to go.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi for you and your daughter.

She might not like doctors and might not like going to see one, but this is just too bad right now.

You are the mother and she needs to go to the doctor to see what is wrong with her.

Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i see well call them then, and tell them what you have told us here.
my bet would be they will say GP, But check with them.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ultamately you are her mom. If you think she needs to see a doctor now and can afford it take her in to emergency. If you fell it can wait, take her in the morning first thing. Either way get her checked out medically. If all results come back that she is healthy, get her mental help.

We are here to help you but in no way can we give you the correct advice with out being there and witnessing it. We all love you and give you full support. Get medical care and go from ther based on what the doctors say.

Sending {{{vibes}}} that this works itself out.

She is 14, grab her and drag her out the door. The last time I checked unill she is 18 you are in control.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Folks, from what I read, it seems her daughter is physically larger than she is and to physically force her to a doctor isn't an option!

You may need to call on other family members to help you get her to a doctor. If she won't go willingly, then you need to take other measures. I don't know what those measures would have to be unfortunately. Perhaps you can call your family doctor or a family member's doctor and find out what options you have to get her forcibly taken to a doctor. I honestly don't think you have time to stand around and argue with her and we are only an internet site and have no medical training and couldn't give you a diagnosis anyway since none of us are doctors.

So, do whatever you have to do to get her seen by a professional. Do it now.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checking in to see if there are any updates..Many healing vibes for your daughter if needed...

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
NHS? UK I take it. I say go to your GP, they can always squeeze you in if its an emergency, casulty/A&E always make you wait for hours, but they have the equipment to do x-rays etc.
NHS= National Health Service. Free healthcare basically. You have to wait for Hours though, so Serious problems (major operations) are often paid for privately.
NHS Direct advice usually takes the form of -If you're worried go see a doctor

I once got a stomach bug and could only eat oranges for a week, chucked up alot too, and got such bad cramps that I still get pains there (I think I did something to a muscle) and they were spectacularly unhelpful even with offering a possible course of action.
GP all the way, I hope its nothing serious. Do you live near to a hospital?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She needs to see a doctor. Scare her into it and guilt her into it if need be. Cry and sob and tell her you're so scared that she has a blockage or something and you can't bear to see her go through a horrible surgery, and how it'd be all your fault if you let it go and that made it worse.

If she can play mind games, then so can you!!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, so I just read back through the thread, and I'm assuming you don't have a 14 year old daughter? I could be wrong, but you don't sound very old.

It's cool if you just said because it really is your friend, or maybe yourself, or a family member with the problem.

But the point is, that everyone is trying to give you advice of how to get your daughter to hospital and is very worried about your daughter, when I'm assuming that's not really the problem...

If it's a friend or relative you're worried about which is why you can't physically drag her to a doctor, let us know, and we can maybe try to give advice that's more relevant, or direct you to websites that talk about eating disorders, and blockages and things like that which may be the cause.

Good luck, and please don't be afraid to tell us the truth

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really afraid if we keep pressing this identity question, we may lose our opportunity to help this person. Please... let's not pressure her on this.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
worrying here. I am hoping that no matter what the identity of the person who is ill, that they have been persuaded to see a doctor.

If this is an issue where an intervention is needed, not sure if they are done in the UK or Canada. However here in the US concerned family and friends can get together and do an intervention for a person who is neglecting to take care of themselves. If this person is a minor then the parents have the authority to have them hospitalized if it is in their best interest.

Even if this is strictly a medical issue and not a mental health issue as well, in the US a person can be put on a 72 hour medical hold if they are deemed a danger to themselves. Not eating (for whatever reasons) is definitely a danger to oneself.

Hoping that today went well and some answers are on the way, and the sufferer is getting on the path to recovery.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first thing i would do is take her to the Doctor whether she
wants to go or not then take it from there because it could be
a stomach virus or infection.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she refuses to see a doctor then give your GP a ring and hopefully s/he will be able to do a house call when you explain that you can't get her to a doctor.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her being unwilling to go to the doctor is a big red flag to me. If she thought something was medicaly wrong I would think she would go since it has been a week. Please update us.