Friend's cat vomiting green liquid, potential causes?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be careful force feeding. If it goes down the wrong way she could asperate and get pneumonia. If she struggles or squirms let her go and try again later.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty pooped!! She's peed! She's eating everything not nailed down - including the hairball treatment on your finger.

What ended up working was a LOT of effort on the human's part. I'd leave at 9am to bike 20+ minutes to friend's place. Once there we would hang out for about an hour and a half, slowly force feeding kitty a syrange of canned cat food and water, mixed with pepcid for nausea. Then we would walk the 30 minutes to the bus for work. At 6:30 I'd take the bus home with him, walk the 30 minutes uphill, spend about two hours force feeding kitty for the night before grabbing my bike and heading home. I'd get home long enough for MY cats to shoot me death glares before I passed out for the night. 8am the next day I would be up texting for a kitty update. Rinse and repeat.

Today we're going to wean her off the nausea medication and see if she's okay. Hairball stuff she might as well finish. She tries to take off my finger for it. She's got plenty of food now. I have him some of my Purina One Hairball Control and some tuna to try to coax her into eating. The school aid bought a few bags of various cat foods. His girlfriend bought him a bunch of Fancy Feast Classic canned cat food, as well as some kitten canned food to plump her up. We're working on a solution to keep the dog food away from her. It's easier when the CAT can't jump and the dog can! The reverse is incredibly difficult.

My friend now knows not to feed kitty dog food, and his girlfriend is going to make sure he keeps food in. His dad can go suck an egg for all we care. As long as he's not interfering with kitty's health he can do whatever.

I know it's not the most exciting of adventures, and not a lot of DIY stuff to be learned. Maybe it'll help someone in the future somehow. Always remember to hydrate your cat and keep the dog food away!
you made my day reading this update wish we had a cat hero medal on this forum :lol:i would pin it to ya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EveAndHerThieves

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just be careful force feeding. If it goes down the wrong way she could asperate and get pneumonia. If she struggles or squirms let her go and try again later.
Oh yes, of that I'm very much aware. I've had a vet walk me through it a couple times with my other kitties. Luckily she was a gem. I just had to get it into her mouth and she would swallow. It didn't matter how far in I got it. I got it just beyond her lips and down it went.

you made my day reading this update wish we had a cat hero medal on this forum :lol:i would pin it to ya
Aw, thank you! It's been a lot of work, but worth it. She's a spunky little girl with a lot of life left. She keeps nibbling on my fingers for my hairball food now. *Rolls eyes*

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
reading or hearing about people like you along with the others on here that put all that effort into saving helping cats,dogsor animals always restores a bit of faith in me for this twisted world we live in these days