Friends already

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK I am showing off a little but I brought home an 8 week old kitten a week ago and Trixie, my resident kitty, is already grooming Pixie

I was a little worried because I had to rush the introduction a bit due to space issues, but I'm so proud of my little lady accepting her new friend so quickly

felinemama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cookietown

OK I am showing off a little but I brought home an 8 week old kitten a week ago and Trixie, my resident kitty, is already grooming Pixie

I was a little worried because I had to rush the introduction a bit due to space issues, but I'm so proud of my little lady accepting her new friend so quickly

You have every right to show off
I think it's great that Trixie is grooming Pixie. They hit it off so well and most of the time, an introduction and acceptance takes a while. I've had intros that never turned into acceptance, just tolerance.
Congrats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the first day I brought Pixie home Trixie sulked on the windowsill, all day, even though they were kept seperate with Pixie in a sizable pen Trixie could smell her and tell something was in her space.

Im so proud that they got on so quickly, though Trixie was quick to teach Pixie who the alpha is.

I'm not sure that me or my bf are fully forgiven yet
but she has accepted Trixie so I'm sure she will forgive us eventually

felinemama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cookietown

Well the first day I brought Pixie home Trixie sulked on the windowsill, all day, even though they were kept seperate with Pixie in a sizable pen Trixie could smell her and tell something was in her space.

Im so proud that they got on so quickly, though Trixie was quick to teach Pixie who the alpha is.

I'm not sure that me or my bf are fully forgiven yet
but she has accepted Trixie so I'm sure she will forgive us eventually
You are already forgiven

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trixie must be a really laid back girl to be so accepting.
I love reading about kitties who accept other kitties so readily

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cookietown

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Trixie has always adapted quickly, when I first brought her home she hid, it took about 2 days before she was comfortable in the house (she had already claimed me as hers before I brought her home) Then I moved about 3 months ago and it was again about 2 days before she felt at home.

She hides out at the initial change but she does adapt quickly. I'm so proud of my little lady.

glenman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted Dexter when he was 8 months old...I got him from a shelter that had rescued him from a kill shelter in Southern Ill...I brought him home and completely ignored the "slow introduction" advise that I had read everywhere ( I had a 4yr old male waiting for him)

the new kitten was deathly afraid of me but within days gravitated towards my big cat which actually worked in my favor...he copied everthing my big guy did but would not have anything to do with me..

within weeks the two of them became so close you would think they were from the same litter..but the best part has been the little guy watching my interaction with the big guy..he now knows its ok to be pet, cuddled etc..to this day he wont let me pick him up but thats ok..its only been 3+ months..

they play fight and chase each other 2-3 times a day..groom each other and eat together...what I thought was the biggest mistake I had ever made has turned out to be a perfect situation ...I couldnt be happier for the both of them..as I type this they are play fighting in the living room