Friend's 4 year old daughter died

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

I have to go to a funeral tomorrow.
A friend's 4 year old daughter died. She has been sick for 2 years of so: leukodystrophy, has been in a wheelchair, cannot eat or breathe by herself, requires constant care, etc. She could not talk, had to wear diapers, etc.

Very sad, but in a way, a blessing. Life was not fun for that child.

The other daughter is in 5th grade and has been so good about understanding that she does not get as much attention as her sister.

These are wonderful people. Please remember them in your prayers.
The little girl's name was Elizabeth.
Her mama and daddy are Kim and Wade.
Anne Tanner is the big sister.

Visitation is this evening. I am on my way to take a plant to the funeral home.
Oh Bobbie, I am so sorry for the family. I understand what you say about it being a blessing for the little one since life was so hard for her, and her poor family as well. I will be praying for all of them and for you as well. Life sometimes just isn't fair......hugs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Life is not fair, for sure. Everyone has stuff to deal with. The best we can do is to be there for one another.
***hugs to all of you***

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am truely sorry to hear such sad news. I can't not imagine one of my children passing before I do.

This really breaks my heart. I have said a prayer for all of you and will continue to say more.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
It is very hard for the mama.
When my sister died in 1990, it about killed my mother.
I think she kind of gave up after that happened.

Originally Posted by catherine

I am truely sorry to hear such sad news. I can't not imagine one of my children passing before I do.

This really breaks my heart. I have said a prayer for all of you and will continue to say more.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sad! Will keep them all in my thoughts.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is one more angel in Heaven and one more star in the sky. I don't remember where that came from... but it's very fitting. God bless.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is really sad. I know they are aching. The mama will have is especially hard, for she was with the child all day, every day. People from church would go there every day, too, to help her.
Thank you all for your prayers.

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Bobbie sweet sweet loving Bobbie,

This is so sad and it must bring up many painful memories for you of little Tommie's passing.

This dear family has been through so much for the last several years. It must of been their all-out loving care that kept Elizabeth alive for those two unexpected years. There must have been a lot of grief for the whole family and for friends like you, Bobbie. Little Elizabeth must have experienced a lot of pain and suffering.

Now, by God's blessing, it is over and Elizabeth is in heaven where she will experience only happiness and joy. I'm sure that angels like Tommie will take good care of her.

I will pray a Buddhist prayer for you and the family: May all beings be free of pain and suffering. I hope it helps.

With love, Katie

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I agree; Little Elizabeth is a lot better off.

How are you feeling???

Originally Posted by katie=^..^=

Dear Bobbie sweet sweet loving Bobbie,

This is so sad and it must bring up many painful memories for you of little Tommie's passing.

This dear family has been through so much for the last several years. It must of been their all-out loving care that kept Elizabeth alive for those two unexpected years. There must have been a lot of grief for the whole family and for friends like you, Bobbie. Little Elizabeth must have experienced a lot of pain and suffering.

Now, by God's blessing, it is over and Elizabeth is in heaven where she will experience only happiness and joy. I'm sure that angels like Tommie will take good care of her.

I will pray a Buddhist prayer for you and the family: May all beings be free of pain and suffering. I hope it helps.

With love, Katie

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very sweet of you to ask how I am. I am fine.

I am thinking of you and praying for you and Shenandoah and Humble. Please take care of yourself and don't forget to eat.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, Katie!
I am ok, just tired from giving all those tests. I test 3 children who are classified as 504, so I read the entire test to them.
I am taking a 20 layer caramel cake to Kim and Wade and Anne Tanner (the 5th grade daughter). I know this has to be sad for them, for they all took care of her all the time, since she couldn't do anything for herself.
I love you, and have a good day!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I missed this thread and I'm sorry to hear of it Bobbie. It sounds like you are doing a good job taking extra special care of your friends though.