Friendly Stray Male That's Not Fixed

kittiekate89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!!
There is a male stray black cat that we have been feeding for a few months now. He is very sweet and vocal lol! We let him in the house from time to time and he LOVES my other cats. Like, he rubs on them, tried to play with them, cuddle them, everything.
I have 3 males and one female that are strictly all indoor. They tolerate the stray to a point (because he is new). My question is is this normal.nehavior one male stray that isn't fixed????
When we took in a stray 4 years ago, he was very aggressive towards my one male (was attacking him) until his hormones went down after being fixed. Now he is a sweet boy to the others so now I'm confused with the new stray lol!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! We had one cat in our neighborhood, who I am pretty sure was stray and non-neutered, that was so friendly with all the neighbors that he was named by them - Boots (mostly black, some white on his face, but all his feet were white).

He has been the ONLY cat Feeby has ever liked. He would come into our backyard and lay next to the screened-in patio door (on the outside) while Feeby laid next to the inside of the door. They would lay there like that for hours! Any other cat that has ever come into our yard, she would hiss, growl, and try her best to scare them off.

Boots just disappeared one day, but I heard that somebody in the neighborhood thought he was so sweet that they decided to take him into their home!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewart was a bit wild, around ten months, not neutered, and hanging out with people at the kids' bus stop. He didn't really turn into a lap cat until he was 3. We gave up one of our cats to accommodate him because she was fully declawed, and he had behavioral issues and asthma, so he wasn't adoptable even though he was still young.
He turns 7 in a few months. He still appreciates a good murder, but the adult humans play with him, and I get to keep his nails clipped with very little fuss.
Murder depends on his mood. Sometimes he'll go after my 9 year old fluffy princess, and other times he's running from her for his life.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I can't help with your question of whether this is normal behaviour, but with him being a stray, I would be careful letting him around your cats, particularly if they aren't up-to-date with all their shots. Also, with him being intact, watch to ensure he doesn't spray inside your house.

Are you planning to get him neutered? And make him an inside cat, with the others, since he already seems to think he's one of them. :catrub: