Frequent Loose Stools Today But Otherwise Active With Normal Appetite (10 Week Old Rescue)

palediamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! My 10 week old rescue, Penny, has pooped 3 times today (it’s almost 3pm where I live) and her stool is lighter brown and a bit liquid-y. She pooped in the litter box, btw.

Her appetite and her behavior are normal. As for her medical history, she has been dewormed 2 times and is scheduled for another dewormer in March.

I’m thinking I should wait till tomorrow to see the vet. The problem is, the vets here might be closed until Jan 1. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I’m really worried :(

tdiving

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning
We have 2 ex-feral kits and the female had the same problem at one time.We were giving her Temptation treats--stopped the trest and problem went away---we now give her Greenies with no problems

Goodluck
Tony and Kat Wynne-Roberts

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If everything else is normal, you are probably going to be ok with seeing a vet on Tuesday. Have you changed her food recently? That could cause it. Canned pumpkin mixed in her food might help as well.

Mollyjmckinnon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitten at 7 weeks and he had loose stool for the first 5 days. We added a spoonful of canned pumpkin to his kibble and it helped a lot. The vet said he probably just needed adjustment time eating new food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

palediamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We haven’t changed her food. She had loose stool just once for the past two days but her anus is still a bit swollen and red.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can dab a TINY bit of olive oil on there to soothe it. JUST a tiny dab, though! It is what we recommend orally for kittens who are constipated, and you don't want her licking and ingesting much AT ALL!

palediamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The diarrhea hasn’t let up and she vomited last night so we took her to the vet and they said she has a lot of amoeba. She’ll have to take antiprotozoal meds for 5 days.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Excellent! Well...not that she has the amoeba, but that we have an answer AND the solution to the problem!

palediamond

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Day 2 of her medications... she keeps foaming at the mouth everytime I give her the meds, seems like they don’t taste good. :( I use a syringe. I even followed the correct way to give liquid medicine to cats using a syringe so as not to let her get too much of the medicine’s taste.

The good news is her poop is solid today and she hasn’t thrown up again :)

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She isn't the only kitteh on here who foams at the mouth over meds! She's in exellent company! I'm tickled to hear that she is improving so rapidly! FOAM AWAY, Little Precious! FOAM AWAY!