French Fries...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

In my teens it was the norm to order French Fries with gravy and then add ketchup.
I used to do that, but not often. Usually only if I have take out fried chicken. I usually get the gravy because the chicken tends to be dry sometimes. And the only way I can eat the awful KFC fries is if they are smothered in gravy.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Blue cheese rules.

My favorite fries are the thick steak cut fries. I usually just eat fries with ketchup, sometimes without. Fries are also good topped with melted cheese and bacon along with some ranch dressing to dip them in.
You're making me drool, Bryan!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

My hubby likes his with mayo and I like mine in a sandwich. He used to laugh at me eating french fry sandwiches until I convinced him to try a bite and he agreed it was good. Of course I have the English malt vinegar, salt and pepper on it.
I LOVE LOVE chip butties!
That is how I eat them too, but minus the vinegar.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

Everywhere here sells poutine. I loooove poutine but I don't eat it often because its bad for you.
I eat it as often as I can.. I just had it yesterday at The Salty Pickle actually.

Other than eating them as poutine.. my next favorite would to be dipping them (more like smothering them) in Mackies sauce from Mackies in Port Stanley. I could eat that everyday.

If neither of those are available, I'm happy to eat them with just salt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aside from dipping mine in ice cream, I sometimes dip them in sweet and sour sauce, ketchup, and sometimes mayo. The favorite has GOT to be in ice cream / frosty though, preferably chocolate. The cold+hot combination is so perfect.

I like my fries unsalted and soft. We call the soft ones "juicy". I don't mind if the fries were LIGHTLY salted, either.

The sound of garlic ice cream doesn't sound so appetizing, but given the chance, I'd try it... just to see how it tastes. When I was young, my mom bought corn ice cream. I love corn, but corn ice cream was very gross.

I'll have to try the sweet potato fries too. So now that makes me wonder... are there such things as turnip fries?? I mean, you can make mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, and mashed turnip... so turnip fries? :p

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

Definately bleu cheese!
I never had it until my SO and I got together the first time 4 years ago and now I love it!
Oh how I love bleu cheese! Rob thinks it's nasty
I dip bread in bleu cheese a lot too.

Fries I usually just eat salted and dipped in ketchup, though I like fries with vinegar from time to time as well.

meowmmy_aprile

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I go to Mickey D's or some place like that I like them with just salt.

If I make homemade fries I put garlic salt on them when they are fresh out of the fryer

When I really want to clog the ol arteries I eat them with melted cheese and bacon bits or Chili and Cheese yummy

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on my mood and the type of french fries

I pretty much always have malt vinegar on them, sometimes with some salt and ketchup and/or mayo to dip.

Very occasionally I have poutine after refusing to try it for 2 years after moving here because it 'looked weird'

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am not a huge fan of fries, (or potatos at all for that matter) but when I do have them if possible I dip them in cheese sauce (like nacho cheese)