freezing kitty

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i've finally lost my mind.

my house is freezing
so i've filled up a hot water bottle for maverick and wrapped it up in an old blankie so it wont be too hot; trouble is she wont go near the thing.

so i'm chasing the cat around the house with a hot water bottle trying to warm her up. every time she lays down i try to place the darn thing next to her but she keeps running off!

makes me wonder why i bother!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you have to go under the blanket and she willc ome with you.
Last night although we had the heaters on the house was freezing.
So teufel kept on coming in and out of the blanket hehe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i gave up in the end and used the hot water bottle myself! at least she's got a furry coat!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read your second post with amusement! Seems like Maverick already realized that her Mewommy doesn't have fur and needed the hot water bottle more. Did she join you later, to keep warm that way? I'm amazed at how often cats know best!! But why is your house cold? Is your power out? We use woodburners out here. Burning wood saves money, I love collecting it in the forest, but this rainy weather makes it damp, so that is the downside. I like to cook on my woodburner, and my cats have kittyhouses & chairs near the stove (woodburner), too. They love it there; I love to see my little family gathered around the woodstove, watching the flames & staying warm together.

my house is freezing
so i've filled up a hot water bottle for maverick and wrapped it up in an old blankie so it wont be too hot; trouble is she wont go near the thing.

so i'm chasing the cat around the house with a hot water bottle trying to warm her up. every time she lays down i try to place the darn thing next to her but she keeps running off!

makes me wonder why i bother!
[/quote]

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its just really cold in certain rooms in the morning. i think the heatings on a timer in some of the rooms here (my mum would know!)

maverick didnt sleep all night so i was up bright and early with her downstairs. in the end she consented to sleeping on a cat bed warmed in the tumbler dryer whilst i shivered away on TCS with my hot water bottle.

i love having a fire burning in the fire place when its cold. its just so romantic and cozy! i have to watch Maverick around it though because several times shes got too close for comfort.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may be weird, but Eponine LOVES the cold (during the day anyway). I'm a cold weather nut, so I'll usually leave one window open on cold days. That is ALWAYS the window she wants to sit in. I guess that thick winter coat gets a bit too warm sometimes!

cirque

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I keep the house sort of chilled but then I sit here with a space heater. But.. if I do get active then I wont get to hot cause I can cool off easier.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have you tried putting it under where she sleeps most?? or putting her in her carrier with the bottle under a blanket?? that might work. I say let her get use to it by herself

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maverick_kitten

its just really cold in certain rooms in the morning. i think the heatings on a timer in some of the rooms here (my mum would know!)

maverick didnt sleep all night so i was up bright and early with her downstairs. in the end she consented to sleeping on a cat bed warmed in the tumbler dryer whilst i shivered away on TCS with my hot water bottle.

i love having a fire burning in the fire place when its cold. its just so romantic and cozy! i have to watch Maverick around it though because several times shes got too close for comfort.
You're such a good mom!!

grapegal45

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We like wool sweaters here (northern Minnesota). I know some cats eat wool, but if you don't have a wool eater, there's nothing like a wool sweater or blanket to keep kitties warm. Put a wool sweater in a kennel (that's what we do) or if you don't have a kennel, a snuggly box or basket or maybe just at the end of you bed or the corner of your couch. :-) My kitties are drawn to wool like magnets. They are cozy kitties is a very cool house (we keep it cool, as gas is expensive these days. )

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the tips but i think i've given up! the hot water bottle idea is going the same way as the radiator bed and the catnip bubbles- the charity box!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grapegal45

We like wool sweaters here (northern Minnesota). I know some cats eat wool, but if you don't have a wool eater, there's nothing like a wool sweater or blanket to keep kitties warm. Put a wool sweater in a kennel (that's what we do) or if you don't have a kennel, a snuggly box or basket or maybe just at the end of you bed or the corner of your couch. :-) My kitties are drawn to wool like magnets. They are cozy kitties is a very cool house (we keep it cool, as gas is expensive these days. )
tried sweaters with mixed results. if they are dirty and thrown on the floor fresh from being worn- yes. clean, old and in a cat bed- no!

my mum likes a cold house and likes to wear lots of layers whilst my dad likes a hot house and to walk around like he's on the beach!